the town of sorrow

TW:gore, ripping skin, breaking bone,selfharm

In a small town just outside the city a young boy is born, but he is different. This worries the parents about how he might turn out. This causes them to be lenient with the boy and his behavior. By the time he is 12, the nubs on his back turned into beautiful golden wings through an agonizing process of bone breaking and reforming to rip through the flesh on his back. This process left him sore and tender while his flesh knitted itself back together. After the boy's wings surface he has an urge to nest, wanting to put everything he holds dear inside wrapped in warm fuzzy blankets, once he was all helped he did so only by putting in blankets and his parents. Later when he goes outside he is stared at and picked on, causing him to want to cut his wings. One realizes that this boy is actually one of the gods' many angels, a messenger to keep them informed. If the boy cuts his wings out of his back he would become a fallen angel, though wings would reform they would be a different color from the blinding gold that they once were, signifying the truth of how much the mortals of earth really need help finding the path to peace and bliss. The young boy ,though he wants to cut his wings because of the emotions he feels from the mortals, he does not, instead he tells the gods and tries to help as many as he possibly can. As the boy reaches the age of 16 he finds time slowing down signifying that it is his time to move on to another town to make a much needed impact to try to welcome those who are not like the others. Once the boy leaves his home town, time is returned and everyone wonders what happened, they are regretful to how they treated him promising to be welcoming to any other child that is different. Each successful trip a feather turns silver and each unsuccessful trip a feather turns bronze, as bronze would be heavier than the silver and gold, it would limit the freedom of the angel till they succeeded at their task.