Chapter 4: Archie

Is it just me or are girls flirting with me? Today was the second day of high school and a girl who I've know for years named Veronica Lodge suddenly started flirting with boys. I watched as she sprayed herself with perfume, walked past me, and winked. I've never noticed how cute she is before.

Then again... Betty is rather cute too! But shes not as cute as Veronica, But Veronica can be a spoiled rich brat! But Betty is the sweet girl next door! But than again... Veronica is so hot...

The Freshman dance is next week, and I want to ask out one of the girls, but I don't know who to pick!

Jughead on the other hand is so weird... HE HATES GIRLS!!! Although he loves food... like ALOT... we will go to Pop's and he will order 15 burgers... AS AN APPETIZER! Yet, hes thinner than me.

Anyways, I have no idea who to take! Maybe we could do like a group thing.... I don't know...

Jughead says I should stay at home and watch T.V. Again, I think hes really weird. But he's my best friend and hes cool once you get to know him. We went to Pop Tates so I could calm down, and make up my mind, but it just made everything worse because Reggie was in there. Reggie is every ones friend, and enemy because he has a massive ego. And of course, when we walked in he was looking at his reflection in his soda glass.

"Hey Carrot top!", hes said when he saw me. Who you gonna take to the dance?

"Either Betty or Veronica, I can't decide"

"Fat chance! Veronica is the richest and hottest girl in this grade, I bet she would rather go with someone more her style." He snorted. "like me!"

"That's it! I'm going to ask out Veronica, just to show you that she would rather go with me!"

"Oh really, you wanna bet money on it?"

"I bet 200 dollars!" I announced, but I instantly regretted it. I don't have that type of money!

"Deal!" He said. "I'll collect my money at the dance when you walk in with Betty!"

"Fine!, but I'll be walking in with Veronica!"

I walked back to the booth me and Jughead were sitting in, but last minute, I cause a glance of a girl with a blonde ponytail running out the door.

It was Betty.