Chapter 7: Betty

I was planning to stay home again today, but I realized I had a geometry quiz that I had to take. I'm not exactly in the most stable mood right now. If anyone even mentions Archie I will probably start crying on the spot.

Am I overreacting? I don't think so, I hope not! I don't need anymore rumors about me. I can tell that everyone was still talking about what happened at Pop's. Everyone was staring at me and whispering. I tried to hide my face in my locker, but that didn't work.

"I think Archie would be a lot happier going with you to the dance." I turned around and felt Jughead put his hand on my shoulder. "Anyone would be happy going with you."

"Gee, thanks Jughead", I said meaningfully, but i was still frowning.

"I know! We can start a group and all go together! Me and Archie were going to do that, but... well... you know... ", Jughead trailed off.

"Actually that sounds great", I chirped, but there was pain in my voice as I said it. "Do you know anyone else who would want to go?"

"Actually, I was going to ask Adam too." He gestured to a boy- a HOT boy putting his books in his locker.

"OK lets go ask him"

"JUUUUUUUUGGEEEEEEEEEEEE!" Someone screeched from down the hallway.

"Oh No! Its Ethel! I gotta go! You go ask Adam by yourself! Bye!" Jughead took off so fast that his hat fell off.

Ethel picked up the hat and ran after him. "WAIT! COME BACK JUGGIE!"

I looked back at the preschool couple. "Ok Betty, I guess its up to you.", I said to myself as I walked towards the hot boy, who was still putting his books in his locker.

...

"Here Jughead", Ethel said as she turned the corner. "You dropped your hat."

Jughead accepted his torn up beanie and placed it on his head. "Thanks Ethel- for everything."

"No problem, I probably would've chased you anyways.", she said as she stuffed her hands into her pockets. "I still don't understand why you asked me to."

"Because", Jughead started. "I needed some way to get Betty and Adam alone together, so he can ask her to the dance."

...

Adam turned around and smiled as he saw his crush walking towards him. 'If only Betty would talk to me', he thought to himself.