𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

We continued scouring the mall. I keep trying to get Finn's attention, but I always get interrupted by a fan who wants a picture or by Finn seeing something he wants to buy.

At the end of the day, my hands are packed with bags and I can barely interlock my arms around Finn's, because his arms were, too, bundled with shoe boxes and clothing and whatever else he spent his money on.

He almost fell down the escalator, and I had to help him put his bags back in his hands. 

"Are you sure you need all these things?" I had asked him.

"Yes," he told me. "My siblings wanted them."

We managed to get to our parking spaces- his car was parked just adjacent of mine- and we put all the things we bought in the boot. 

I close the trunk of my car and turn hesitantly to Finn. He was struggling to fit the last bag into his backseat (yes, that's how much he bought) and I walk over to help him.

I put some bags into the passenger seat and close the door.

"Thanks," he said, wiping his brow. I nod at him. Then I muster up my nonexistent courage and faced him.

"Hey," I put both of my hands on his shoulders and hold him in an arms length. "I've got to tell you something."

"Okay?"

I take in a shaky breath and try to get myself together.

"I'm Lauren Vega."

┈⛧┈ 

 "Let me get this straight," he points at me, "your mother even got you a fake name?"

"Yes," I tell him again, and we laugh together.

"And you even have a wig!" He pats my fake hair and laughs again. "I knew that your hairline didn't look right when I was watching your interview."

By then, we were both wheezing in his car. I had taken off the wig and wig cap and let my real hair flow freely. He had stolen my bucket hat and was wearing it sideways on his head, for it was too small to fit.

"Oh, man," he breathed, wiping a tear from his eye. "We haven't talked in so long, Y/N. I've missed you. And I've been using Lauren as a substitute, but you were the same damn person."

I chuckle. "And you had a crush on me."

"I KNOW RIGHT!" He yells and pushes me. "I swear, if I had known it was you, I would have NE-VER."

"I am offended," and I flick his ear.

Finn has always referred to me as one of his little sisters. His siblings are lovely, and honestly? I can almost see him being my big brother and scolding me when I flicker the lights when he's in the shower (he was pissed and I just laughed at him evilly). 

"Yeah, buuut," he pokes me, "what about that Nathan guy, huh?"

I roll my eyes. Yup, a big brother indeed. "Finnie, there's nothing going on with me and Nathan."

"Oh yeah?" I raises an eyebrow. "What about when I caught you almost snogging?"

"WHAT!" I yell at him. I think back to all the time I spent with Nathan, and I don't recall a single memory of him and I leaning in to kiss. Hell, I've never even seen his face.

"Well, it was when I asked to eat with you guys for the first time."

I think for a bit, then I smack his shoulder. Hard. "YOU IDIOT!" I smack him again. "I was making him eat something, and you very kindly interrupted us."

He frowned. "Does he have an eating disorder?"

"No," I say hesitantly. "His lunchbox is always lighter when he gets in the bus to go home. But I really hope he doesn't, 'cos he's very healthy and fit."

"He does sports?"

"Yeah- volleyball."

He hums, then looks me up and down. "I see you being a cute couple, but he's tall and you're short."

[calling myself out here and I hate it]

"And how is that a problem?" I snap. Shipping is something I don't really care about, but mocking my height is another thing that I do NOT take lightly.

"AHA!" He gets up on the driver's seat and points at me. "You are defensive! You like him!" He hops in a stupid manner in his chair singing "Y/N likes Nathan, Y/N likes Nathan."

"SHUT UP, CELLEIR," I yell at him, but giggling.

"YOU WAIT TILL WE GO BACK ON MONDAY," he taunts me.

"OH, IF YOU EVEN LET OUT A PEEP, FINNEGAN CELLEIR," I warn him.

We both laugh until we can't breathe.

"Y/N, it's so good to see you." He looks at me and smiles. "I missed you."

I smile back at him. No makeup. No eye contacts. No wig. Just me.

"I missed you too, Finn."

808 words

(wtf is wrong w u guys? i looked at my analytics and i had 100 reads in a day. STOP! THAT MEANS I HAVE TO UPDATE MORE!!)

(jk ily guys <333)