19: First meet

It was early morning, when Darshan was sleeping. Diksha was beside him all night. Slowly Diksha wakes up as someone is constantly tapping on her hand. She opens her eyes and saw Divya standing with a photo frame in her hand.

"Hello dear"
Diksha softly says while controlling her tears.

Divya keeps quiet for a few minutes and observes her face. She looks at the photo frame and again looks at her. Then she speaks up, "Are you my mother? My mom?"

Diksha controlls her tears and replies  "Yes angel".

"I know..papa showed me your pictures. And see this your picture."
Divya extends her hand and showed the photo frame. It is Darshan and her photo.

"Mom is your work over?"

"Which work dear?"

"Papa said...you were busy so you couldn't come home during these days"

Diksha understood that Darshan told Divya that she was busy with her work and that is why she wa not at home!

"Yes...my...my work is over"

"So...mom you will stay with me and papa?"

There is complete silence in the room. But Divya further questions, "Will you stay mom? Please don't go. I'll show you my toys. We will go to papa's studio and we will listen to his songs.... don't go please."

Diksha is speechless. She does not know what would be the answer of Divya's question.

"What happened mom? You know papa had showed me your pictures. She told me many stories about you. I know you can draw very well. I saw your designs... papa showed me. Will you teach me how to draw? Papa, me and you will play hide and seek. Don't go anywhere..pleaseee....."

"umm... Divya let's go outside now. Your papa will wake up if we talk so loudly. I will tell you many stories... come"

"Yes, let's go mumma(mom)"

Diksha does not answer Divya's question, maybe she does not want to dishearten Divya by telling that she will leave as soon as Darshan's gets better.

~

Darshan wakes up after hearing Divya's giggles from the next room. Then he remembers what happened yesterday, and remembers that Diksha promised him that she would be beside him.

Darshan whispers, "She told me that she will be there beside me, when I wake up. But.... she's not here. Did she leave?"

He calls in a feeble voice "Diksha....Diksha"

Diksha comes running in his room.
She quickly asks, "what happened Darshan? What's wrong? Are you ok?"

Darshan replies in a shaken voice, "Y-you were not here. You promised me... that you will be beside me when I wake up...I t-thought you... left me again"

"No...no Darshan. I didn't go anywhere. I was in the next room with Divya. I'm here Darsh"

Darshan hugs Diksha tightly. That hug which expressed his love, pain, care and concern for her.

On the other hand, Diksha understood that Darshan was in a very vulnerable situation. He was traumatised after several incidents. She understood that he needed some love and care to gain his self confidence back. And she was ready to do anything for her love.

Coming up in the next chapter:

..I want to scold someone.

__________________________________

Hello readers!
So did you like you like the first proper meet of Diksha and Divya?
I felt is was cute.. wasn't it?
Do let me know your thoughts. I would be waiting for your comments.
Vote
Comment
Spread love💙