Chapter 1~ Re do

I'm making this a One Direction fan fiction. Enjoy.

•••

I swam around the murky water. God, can humans at least even consider things living down here? So full of themselves.

Right on that thought, someone came and poked me in the back. I flinched and whirled around, a hand ready to shoot a heated ball of water.

Elizabeth giggled as I slowly lowered my hand and sighed.

"Elizabeth..." I said quietly.

We swam on, our tails going in an up down motion.

That's when the icicle hurled toward me. I rolled my eyes and laughed, holding my arm out and ceasing the icicle in its tracks. I melted it with a clench of my fist.

Chloe's emerald tail came up and greeted us. She had a smirk on her face.

"Chloe, that was the oldest trick in the book." I said, rolling my eyes again.

"I'd like to see you do better, Neumann." She countered.

"Oh, you're on woman!" I shouted. "Meet me on the beach as soon as you dry off!"

We swam onto the beach and dried ourselves. I took my hand, and with an arc motion over my head, shot a ton of water at Chloe with extreme speed. She put a palm out, freezing it. I crossed my arms as a sphere of water rounded out and shot straight at her. Chloe's reflexes weren't fast enough to block this one as she got completely soaked and transformed right on the sand.

Alright, I guess I should explain. My name is Lindsay Neumann. My two best friends Elizabeth and Chloe and I, well, we were mermaids. We lived in southern Florida, on the coast. We went for swims to keep our tails healthy and we had special powers. I could control water and make it go wherever. Chloe could freeze it with an outstretched palm. And Elizabeth could make water into this type of gelatin substance that could make statues or clog drains.

We loved living here, no one bothered us and no one found out about our secret.

Until today.

This was the day One Direction came to Florida.

•••

We were sitting on the beach, laughing and gossiping. We were on a towel sun bathing as 3 sexy boys walked by. We all watched with interest as they walked over to us.

"Uh, hi." The blonde one said. "Can you help us? We don't know where the main road is..." He said, smiling sheepishly.

I looked at him curiously. All of a sudden, it clicked.

I pointed to each one of them saying,

"Niall Horan, Liam Payne, and Harry Styles."

Harry scratched the back of his head and spoke.

"Can you please just help us, love? We just need to get back. I bet Zayn and Louis are wondering where the hell we are." Harry said, his green eyes piercing right through me.

"Of course!" Elizabeth squealed, leading them all over to the main road.

Chloe and I just followed, sighing and stalking along.