II.

chapter two.
Ψ
↳ ੈ‧₊˚ ┊» her kindest regards.
_____________________________

After the events of my mission, I had left the tiny city. I was not seen, nor the body of Lord Barnes had yet to be discovered.

No one was alerted at all. I was not sure if this was due to my skill or the soldiers that seemed to have no brain at all.

Were they really so clueless that behind the door they guard is the body of their Lord whom they have sworn to protect and give their lives for?

... Well, none of that matters now, or to me in fact. What matters now is to meet with my client as planned, and to get my reward.

We had arranged to meet in the woods, a distance away from Nostros — by a tree that was marked with a dark substance.

Once I had finally arrived at the allocated location, I didn't see my client anywhere around, meaning I was ahead of him.

My clients' names remain anonymous at all times as it is for their benefit, trust, and security. It also remains professional and lives up to my reputation as 'Shadow'.

I'm known as Shadow as I am seen by few and known by many. I vanish into thin air in the blink of an eye, you see me, within the next second, you don't. I'm just... gone.

I'm also known for my skill and reputation of assassination.

I'm spoken of as a myth which many believe. They say that I am not human, that I do not have a beating heart, possessed and consumed by the darkness of evil... Seen as nothing more than a mere shadow who leaves behind a stench of death, as well as the corpses of loved ones.

The deformed spawn of the Gods.

I guess I would believe this too if I'd never seen me before, or if I had seen me in battle. Would I really believe that I'm a mere myth and not human at all?

As a matter of fact, I don't see myself as human either, if I'm being honest.

However, I do see myself as more than just a shadow, a shadow in which has a heart that beats, a heart that beats for death.

This is not a myth, I am not a damned myth. This is reality, the reality of this cursed world. It will become reality to those that see me as nothing more than a mere myth, to those that see me as just bedtime story..

I was not sure as to how long it would take my client to reach our agreed upon location, but it could possibly take a while.

I did complete my mission quite rapidly after all.

I approached the tree marked in dark substance and begun climbing it out of boredom. I continued to climb until I had reached the strongest and most secure branch.

I then lifted myself up and sat on the branch, my back resting on the trunk of the tree and my right leg stretched out in front, whilst the other was used as an armrest.

After I had made myself comfortable, I pulled out a different knife to the one that was just recently used, one of the many knives scattered across my body.

I'm an assassin after all. The more weapons I carry, the merrier. In fact, my weapons are quite useful and valuable to me.

Once the knife had been pulled out of its dark sheath, I played with it, twirling it in between my fingers.

... How long am I supposed to wait? I'm not exactly a patient person, nor a person at all, truth be told.

Ψ