VIII.

chapter eight.
Ψ
↳ ੈ‧₊˚ ┊» all , as one.
_____________________________

"Open the gate!" Behind the gate, a strong voice bellowed a command. A couple of soldiers opened the wooden gate, and when it was fully open, a dark-haired man strolled out to greet us.

"My Queen," He said as he walked up to the Silver Queen and bowed.

"Lord Peter Marter," The Queen smiled as she greeted the middle-aged man.

"Please, do not wait any longer outside," he added as he moved to the side, his arm stretched towards the Hevos gates as if signalling us to enter.

The Queen said, "Thank you, Lord Marter." In return, the man gave the Queen a nod. Flaxen, Owen, Atticus, and I mirrored Aurora as she dismounted and handed the reins to one of her men.

The Queen and Lord Marter went side by side through the large gates, followed by the Queen's Guard.

"Lord Marter, has Lord Shafer arrived yet?" The Queen had inquired of the Lord.

"He has, in fact. He and his army only arrived at midnight yesterday," He responded. His remarks brought a smile to the Queen's face.

"Just up here," The Lord said, indicating that we would be going upstairs. It took us less than a minute to walk up the stairs.

We followed our Queen through the vast castle till we came to a double door guarded by a great number of knights. The guards welcomed the six of us into the room, where we found a man surveying a map on the table, as well as more guards.

When the light-haired man saw the Silver Queen, he greeted her with, "My Queen."

"It has been a while, Lord Schafer," The Queen said.

"My Queen, it has. You've developed into a powerful woman, a true Queen," Lord Schafer stated this as he approached the Queen, taking her hand in his and gently placing a kiss on it.

"Shall we begin, then?" the Queen asked, smiling at the man as she walked up to the table. She said this while leaning over the battle table with her hands on it.

The two Lords took seats on opposing sides of the table.

"First and foremost... How many men do we have in total?" the Queen asked. She inquired, her gaze falling between the two lords.

"Four thousand nine hundred men are on Hevos' side, three thousand eight hundred are on Istanoz' side, and five thousand one hundred are on Vilidan's side. That is, we have a total of thirteen thousand eight hundred men," Lord Marter was astute in his response to the Queen.

Lord Schafer said after the other, "Three times the men of Favora."

"That is assuming they don't have their allies on their side," The Queen added, irritably.

"It's quite improbable that they'll be accompanied by their allies. There are no other palaces in the vicinity of Favora, not for hundreds of miles," Lord Marter made a point.

"-And it'll be a surprise attack," Lord Schafer explained, "Since they won't anticipate the three of us to march against them."

The Queen stared at the large map in front of us. Sir Owen, Flaxen, Atticus, and I, her Queen's Guard, stood behind her, a good distance from the table whilst the Queen and the Lords strategized.

"In light of the fact that we have thirteen thousand eight hundred fighting men, I propose that we split into two groups, each with six thousand nine hundred soldiers," Lord Marter said after a brief pause.