IX.

chapter nine.
Ψ
↳ ੈ‧₊˚ ┊» battle cry.
_____________________________

AURORA POV

The main group the Lords and I had been leading finally arrived at Favora.

Our army marched on in front of us, getting into formation, still a distance between Favora and ourselves.

Lord Marter, Lord Schafer, Sir Owen and I stayed atop our horses, watching over our men from a slight hill.

In the distance, movement from the palace was seen as well as the ringing of a bell was heard, warning Favora of their undergoing siege.

Moments later, the gates to Favora open wide, men running out towards us, weapons held high.

I turned my head to the two Lords beside me and they nodded in response, signalling me to give the order to our men.

"Weapons!" I yelled out to the men, hearing the sounds of weapons being wielded.

"Formation!" I commanded again, the men got into formation with their weapons wielded on my orders, preparing their horses to march into battle.

"Charge!" As the single word left my mouth, all that was seen was the trail of dust kicked back from the horses of my men.

They all yelled as they charged to our enemy. Soon after, the screams and cries of men were heard - dying men.

I knew this would be the consequence of war, sacrifices must be made for the good of us all, as well as the future to come.

"Archers!" Lord Schafer yelled out to the rows of archers left behind, in front of us.

"Knock!"

"Pull!"

"Loose!"

The arrows went soaring through the air, launching themselves into the bodies of many men, cries only growing louder.

After almost all the men of Favora had left the palace, the two hidden groups to the right and left came into sight.

They marched around the men, surrounding them and pushing them back into their clutches.

The faces of fighting men had different expressions written across their blood coated faces;

Anger, rage, pain, confusion and below were the lifeless faces of the fallen.

The faces of not only our enemies but my men.

The men I led into battle.

Those men could have families, children, wives, parents or friends waiting for their safe return.

But these warriors have made vows to serve their queen,

to go to war for their queen,

to spill blood for their queen,

to kill for their queen,

and...

to die for their queen.