Ouryuu Zeno Character Study (AnY)

Before I start this character study, I want to warn those who may or may not end up reading this, that this will be the first real character study I have ever done. I originally went with my feelings for the character and how much I find myself attracted to them when judging them. So if this doesn't make sense, then you know why. I will probably make more studies and reviews for various different things when I have the time, like (fictional) characters, books, stories ect. I'm doing this with the purpose of better understanding the message and such of the aforementioned things. With that out of the way, let's start with my first character study of one of my favorite characters in probably all of manga and anime, Ouryuu Zeno, from the anime and manga Akatsuki no Yona.

 With that out of the way, let's start with my first character study of one of my favorite characters in probably all of manga and anime, Ouryuu Zeno, from the anime and manga Akatsuki no Yona

Personal Experience

Anyone who has read the manga series Akatsuki no Yona knows him. Zeno, the cheerful young boy with his head in the clouds. But oh boy, nothing could be more wrong. The truth is there is so much more under the surface.

Nothing could have prepared most readers and fans of the shock in chapters 100+ in the manga series. And I say most, because I don't think I'm the only one who picked up on the hints scattered in the manga. If i'm going to be completely honest, i don't think i could've caught the hints if it wasn't for me getting a little spoiled beforehand, which made me pay him more attention than i think i would have at first. But that's beside the point.

I, personally, first watched the Akatsuki no Yona anime. And I'm not exaggerating when I say what got me to watch the series in the first place was a picture of Zeno that I saw on Instagram. Yeah, that's right. A picture. I seem to have a knack for knowing beforehand whether I'll like a character by seeing a picture of them.

Anyway, the picture I saw of Zeno that got me to watch the series was this one:

Yeah, those who have seen the anime will probably recognize it. It's the scene where Zeno asked Yona what her intentions were. Of course, when I saw the picture the first time on Instagram I didn't know that. I never even heard of the series back then. But I was just pulled toward it, as if by something invisible.