Chapter 16

Pandora

Ares just stood there burning his eyes into me. The others had the same look; fire and lust. Owen squatted down and removed my ankle cuffs. I raise my hands to have the other removed also. He doesn't budge to remove my handcuffs; he just gives me a wicked, mischievous grin.

"Pass," I said, standing up, "Once will be punishment enough."

"You were willing at the club," Casimir said.

"Keyword, were," I said.

Ares shrugged and restarted the elevator. The doors flew open with a small crowd gathered around.

"We were wondering what the holdup was," a horned male said with an all-knowing grin pushing through the crowd.

Instant embarrassment took hold of me as I pushed through the crowd to get off. Everyone assuming they had me on my knees or wrapped around their waist made me see red.

"Come on! Don't frighten our rabbit," Owen laughed, greeting the man.

I make it around the corner and lean against the wall as I try and calm down. No one came after me; I can leave now. Around the corner, my captors were still gloating over capturing me. A staircase down the hall presented itself and didn't waste another breath. As I twist the knob and lean into the door, a hand spins me around. My heart fell to the ground, but it is relieved when it's not one of my captors.

"Who are your masters," he asked, bringing a hand too close for comfort.

I slapped his hand away before it could make contact. His jaw tenses into a forceful smile as he places his hands on either side of my head, boxing me in.

"They're waiting for me. They'll be angry if I'm late. Excuse me," I said with a nod before going for the door again.

He grabbed my wrists and pinned them to the door. He pressed his body against mine and bit my ear. I whimpered at a pinch, and I start to feel him grow against my back.

"I asked who your masters were, not what they're doing," he said close to my ear, inhaling my hair deep.

"If you don't tell me, then I will have to see whose mark you bear. They will be furious then," he said as his free hand slides down my body causing me to shiver.

"Mmm, nice bodily response, last chance."

"Your only chance is now to release what's mine." I hear Casimir's voice rumbled from behind. The male immediately released me, faced him, and bowed at the waist.

"I apologize, Captain. I didn't know that Beta had taken a mate," he gives one last look over me as he leaves.

Casimir stares him down until he's out of sight then his furious gaze is cast upon me. I swallow the lump in my throat for I know that he knows what I was planning to do. He starts to approach me fast; I bolt out the door taking three stairs at a time.

"You're only making it worse. My belt will bite into that pretty little ass of yours," he said with the excitement of a crazed man chasing behind me.

I found another door leading into a new hallway; I took it. Taking my belt off, I used it to tie the door close, hoping it would buy me some time. He started to ram the door with his shoulder then he proceeded to break the little glass and stick his arm through.

I take off to the elevator punching the button, "Come on! Come on!"

I hear a door open to my left; another Forsaken with his mate exit their quarters. They give me a puzzled look, primarily due to my disheveled state.

"Is everything ok?" he asked.

He seemed genuine when he did.

"Yes, I'm fine. Just late meeting my masters," I said with a squeak in my voice.

He chuckled," No, need to be so worried. I'm sure they will only lecture you about punctuality--for a first-time offense."

The door to the staircase burst open as the elevator does. He spins around in shock. I'm greeted by two angry sets of glowing eyes. I turned to see Casimir closing in on me too. Fuck. I did not think this through.

I am immediately scooped up and slung over Owen's shoulder. I hear his belt buckle and the swooshing of leather. I start to wildly kick as he takes me into the elevator, with Casimir following behind.

"Sorry, would you mind taking the next one," Ares said with a relaxed smile.

"No problem," the male lets out a thunderous laugh as the doors close.

I hear leather cutting through the air as it cracks against my backside. I gasped out of shock; the burning pain fans out. He keeps up the swats at a steady pace and pain level. I'm sure they learned some new words and how creative I was with wordplay. The doors popped open, and the swats subside. I try and catch my breath as I try and wiggle down. His grip tightens around my waist. We reached a door; it beeped and opened.

As we go inside, "Things were going so well," Owen said.

The room was huge, with a semi-circle couch; connecting to a kitchen. He heads down a dark hallway with Casimir and Ares close behind. I use my hands to clench his jacket as leverage to push myself up in a half vertical position.

Their expressions were hard to read, causing me to panic. He pushed open the door to a vast bathroom, placing me on the ground. I looked him in the eye with my head held high, waiting for what's to come.

He pushes my hair, covering my sore ear, examining it, "Are you okay," he asked without breaking his attention.

"Yes," I said.

"Good. Do you know why you were punished," he said, gazing into my eyes with intensity. My hands instinctively touch my sore backside. I chew my lower lip and avert my gaze.

"Don't make me ask twice," he said, tightening his grip on his belt.

My thighs squeeze together on their own accord; my heart feels like it's filled with bricks.