haven

THIRD POV

Jangmi and Seonghwa exchanged puzzled glances, the lighthearted mood momentarily subdued.

Up to the time they entered, they never really took the fortune teller's words to heart, especially when it was full of ridicule and jokes coming from the lilac-haired. This was the point where the atmosphere grew tense, an air of discomfort settling upon them as the fortune teller's tone became more serious. yield to choices well-played."

Wooyoung, curious, leaned in further, his enthusiasm undeterred. "What do you mean, wise seer?"

Jangmi's eyes bore a serious gaze, but the fortune teller's words flowed reassuringly. "Embrace the winds of change. Let your steps be guided, and shadows will gracefully sway."

Jangmi's brows furrowed in concern as she absorbed her words. "You're suggesting that?"

The fortune teller's eyes softened, "Life's script is not rigid; it's a dance of choices. With mindful steps, you can turn ominous whispers into harmonious melodies. The power lies in the way of your decisions."

Jangmi's mind buzzed with her words, echoing in her thoughts like an ominous melody. Seonghwa sensing the turmoil, inched near her, grasping her hand into his.

The fortune teller's prophecy lingered, but it was clearly stated that It could be changed. Or even better, it can be avoided.

The nagging question clawed at her thoughts:

Was it the subtle poison coursing through her veins, a lethal illness plotting against her remaining days to live?

She knew whatever the fortune teller told her, was no mere divination, it was a reminder to her that she would eventually have to face the reality of the second life she was given.

One of those that is, she's poisoned with a cold spirit that resides in her body like a friend.

Except it's no hearty companion; it bitterly, crushingly, and agonizingly turns her veins colder until the day comes that no warmth will ever soothe her again. And even Seonghwa's warm smile could not save her when her day eventually arrives.

She does not know what fate has written for her, but she is still for sure, she can still reshape the narratives of her destiny no matter what.

In a moment of shared understanding, she turned to him and shared a meaningful gaze.

Whatever it is that awaits their destiny,

She is ready to face it with him.

Every step of the way.

..

Meanwhile, somewhere in a certain corner of the festival. Yeosang was peacefully admiring the stars and celestials from the night sky, feeling the cold breeze of the evening wind. He slowly paces towards the ends of the streets where people are seldom in sight and his instantly caught sight of the sides of the road - where an old blind woman sits outside their block.

Yeosang, who had an uncontrollable urge to approach the woman suddenly hesitates. But with his tired legs and seeing the chair beside her, gets enticed to approach the lone figure.

He walks towards her and politely begins, "Good evening, ma'am. I hope I'm not intruding, may I join you?"

The old woman jolts from her seat before she eases, a slight grin plastered her lips as she extends her hands; feeling the outline of the chair before placing it near her. "Not at all, young man. Sit, sit" She refers to the chair and her thin lips instantly curled up, "What brings you here?"