sunlit heaven

THIRD POV

"Oh, how lovely,"

Under the soft hues of the sunrise, the rain has long stopped as if welcoming the new day. Chaehwa stood mesmerized on the shed just on the shoreline, captivated by the intimate ceremony unfolding before her.

After the message that has been conveyed that almost all the palace occupants have decided to take refuge in another kingdom, she, and the third-ranking general have also decided to visit with a rather unique way of transportation since Luna declined to send them off.

After Chaehwa's whisper, she felt the warmth of tears welling up in her eyes. She sniffed and wiped away the tears that fell. Time indeed flies like a glimpse, one day she was consoling the hysterical pianist after she was given a second chance to live, and now to see her have a makeshift wedding ceremony.

Unbeknownst to her, Hongjoong, who stood beside her, waved a tissue in front of her face.

Chaehwa gratefully accepted, using it to dab at her eyes and blow her nose. As she turned to express her thanks, she caught a glimpse of Hongjoong, his own eyes streaming with silent tears.

With a playful grin, she nudged him gently and teased, "Aww, what's this tough general? Shedding a few tears for your sister's big day?"

Hongjoong, caught off guard, nervously looks away. "What tears? It's sweat"

Chaehwa continued her playful banter, wiping away her tears as she chuckled, "Such exotic eyes you have there eh? Sweating eyes"

He rolled his eyes with a smile, appreciating Chaehwa's lighthearted approach before he sighed. "Truly, I just came back from the borders and now she's married to that cold-hearted prince again?" He darts his gaze from afar as the sun from the horizon gleams. "No one told me that after all that healer and patient bond, they woke up one day and suddenly decided to fall in love?"

"And to marry each other again too!" Chaehwa whispers and screams. "Without even inviting us" She finishes.

With mischief still lingering, Hongjoong and Chaehwa decided to approach Jangmi and Seonghwa with a playful twinkle in their eyes. As they got closer, Chaehwa slyly commented, "We hope we aren't crashing into the honeymoon yet, are we?"

Hongjoong chimed in, dramatically folding his arms. "We figured the beach was getting too lonely without us joining you two" He narrows his eyes.

Jangmi and Seonghwa, still wrapped up in the magic of their moment, get caught off guard when they realise that the two figures have witnessed their little ceremony. Despite being perplexed at their unannounced presence, they still welcomed them with a laugh. Jangmi playfully nudged her brother as she noticed the tears brimming in his eyes. "Are those tears I see, general?"

Hongjoong shrugged as he nonchalantly looked away. "I had something in my eye,"

As the banter continued, Chaehwa couldn't resist a mischievous wink at Jangmi. "He was crying like a baby, but don't worry, we're here to toughen this petite general. He is the living testimony that even the smallest creatures always have the largest sentiments"

"Shut up!"

Laughter echoed on the beach, surrounded by the beauty of the sunrise and the gentle waves. In that blend of mischief and camaraderie, the bonds of friendship grew stronger, making the supposed wedding day even more memorable.

As Chaehwa and Jangmi exchanged hugs and friendly exclaims. It was the General and the Prince who were left to stare at them in silence with subtle grins. However, amidst their moment. Hongjoong's hands found Seonghwa's shoulder, gently patting it.