Wicked Spell

(It's Jane's Birthday! Fairy Godmother was too busy to turn these beautiful heels into pumps

(It's Jane's Birthday! Fairy Godmother was too busy to turn these beautiful heels into pumps. Erin will have to make due.)

"How do you feel?"

Jay and Erin were in their shared room in Evie's castle. The last few days were filled with Erin fussing over Jay's health. Thankfully, Mal was able to eliminate the pain with her magic. But the ember still left its mark. While Jay stood shirtless in front of the mirror, Erin wrapped her arms around his chiseled torso, lightly brushing her fingers over the scar.

"Thank goodness for Mal's spells. I think it makes me look sexy."

Erin scoffed, slightly shaking her head. "You were already sexy." She kissed his shoulder. "Don't get any ideas."

Playing with the engagement ring on Erin's finger, Jay whispered, "Yes, ma'am." He brought her hand up to his mouth and kissed it. "You look beautiful. Have I ever told you that pink is your color?"

"A few times. Have I ever told you that maroon is yours?"

"A few times."

Jay turned in her arms, and their eyes met. He smiled and connected their lips in a passionate kiss. Then they just stood there, holding each other, glad their other half was safe.

After a few minutes of peaceful silence, the couple swaying back and forth, Erin's thoughts wandered to Audrey and how upset she looked with the engagement.

"Did you notice Audrey at the engagement?"

"No, why?" Jay peered down at her with curiosity.

"She seemed really upset, mad even."

Jay nodded in understanding. "And you have a bad feeling." Erin sighed, relieved that she didn't have to explain herself. Having someone understand you so well was a great feeling.

He kissed her forehead, and Erin's eyes fluttered shut in comfort.

"Try not to worry until there's something to worry about, okay?"

Erin nodded and prayed that it didn't come to that.

Taylor, Erin, Jay, and Carlos were packing the picnic basket for Jane's birthday party. Well, Erin and Carlos were packing while Jay and Taylor ran around with Squeaky and Squirmy. It was amusing. Despite the distractions, Erin continued to pack the baskets while Carlos went to search for extra towels. As Evie waltzed in and tossed a sandwich towards me, Carlos was right behind her with the towels. I caught sandwich after sandwich, apple after apple as Jay and Taylor continued to chase the twins.

"I really think she's gonna like the cake, you guys." Carlos was smiling ear-to-ear as he went around the counter to see the beautifully decorated cake. Erin had asked Chef Louie to make it, and it was honestly his best work.