Chapter 24

"Am I the only one hearing that?" Emil asked.

They'd arrived at the temple quietly, not knowing what to expect, but were certainly not expecting to see the gates wide open with no guards at the posts.

"The ceremony is never that loud" said Marah.

Anton listned hard. "Yeah that sounds like-"
"Like a massive fight" said Erik.

Hektor cleared his throat.
"Okay everyone strap up and surround the place. Emil's boys will cover the parameter. Six of my boys cover them. Three men take the gate. No one goes in or out. The rest of you, with me.
No one takes a shot unless I give command, remember we have people to save. We're taking advantage of the ruckus, surround them, fire single warning shots and bundle everyone out of there unharmed...if they haven't already harmed themselves. Let's move out!"

He led the squad into the building, through a dark hallway that panned out into a huge, richly decorated reception. The noise seemed to be coming from a room below.
Emil whistled.

"Maaaaan. These people are loaded!"

"Yeah, no kidding. Spread out and see if you can find any trap doors quickly. We don't have much time"

They couldn't find any.
Alma was getting frustrated.

"They would have killed each other by the time we get to them! Whatever God you're serving, He better give us something to work with" She hissed.

"Calm down and keep looking" Emil retorted.

Alma stood still and looked around to see if she'd missed anything.

"C'mon Alma...focus"

Nothing.

"Ugh!"

Alma.

"What?! I'm trying to think here" She snapped, facing Hektor.
"Who are you talking to? What's with that tone?" he asked, confused.

"Didn't you just call me?" She asked.

"No I didn't. Keep looking"

"Oh...okay. Thought I heard my name"

She moved toward the hallway.

Rug.

"Huh?"

The end.

She looked around. The others were still inside the reception area.

Quick!

She hurried towards the end of the hallway, past the reception. There was a rug on the floor facing a huge wall. She pushed the rug aside and gasped in surprise when she found a trap door staring back at her and tapped her earpiece.

"Hektor I found a door!"

In a matter of minutes they were in. Locating the hall where the noise came from didn't take long.

"FBI! Everybody freeze! Put your hands where I can see them now!" Hektor ordered.

Emil spotted Abby and moved to get her. Alma rounded up the remaining captives while Hektor and his boys cuffed the rest.

"Alberte, I'm Detective Emil with the police department. Are you okay, are you injured?" he asked.

"Do you believe in God, Detective?" she asked, tears running down her face.
"Yes, I do and I belive He just saved your life. Let's get you out of here".

"EMIL LOOK OUT!"

He heard the warning too late.
Asulf had somehow wrestled out of an officer's grip, grabbed a piece of glass, struck Emil on the head and now had his bloody arm wrapped around Abby's throat.