CHAPTER 15

APRYL

I spent weeks cooped up in my room, with my phone switched off. I avoided everyone. I didn't even go to my grandma's funeral. I'm still in shock. I didn't go to school, I don't even like school. I let Jacob take Daniel home and explain to his family a fraction of the truth. I heard all my friends and family knock on my door every day, but I couldn't bring myself to associate with anybody. My grandfather lost the love of his life because of me and my selfish ways.

It didn't matter that I was tortured, while Daniel was unconscious. I hurt, my body aches. I'm going to make them pay, for coming into my family home, tearing it apart, kidnapping Daniel and I, for torturing me and most importantly for killing my grandmother. I will fuck them all up. In the midst of my train of thought I didn't hear the door to my bedroom open revealing my grandpa's face. I sat up and went down on my knees ready to ask for forgiveness. He rushed over to me, and picked me up from the seat, we both sat on the bed.

"I'm so sorry grandpa, it's all my fault. It's my fault she's dead." I sobbed in his arms.

"It's not your fault, suga, and if your grandma was here, she'd slap you upside your head if she heard you say that." We both chuckled at the thought. I looked at my grandpa's tear-filled eyes.

"I miss her so much."

"So do I, suga, so do I. Though there is someone here to see you, they'll be here in a minute, so go freshen up." I nod and do as I was told, before my so-called guest arrived, once I was done there was a knock on my door. I gave them permission to come in, when the door opened it revealed Jacob, and I smiled at him. He has become part of this family. I beckoned him to come in.

"You good, mo?" I shrugged. He sat next to me in bed and patted my shoulder.

"I'm going to need your help, Jacob."

"I know. Plus, I'm already on it, I'll let you know when I've found something, alright."

"Thank you." I said and he kissed my forehead before walking out, Daniel appeared next limping over me. We embraced him in my arms, and I felt him immediately relaxed.

"I'm sorry for your loss." I could only nod, afraid to talk because I'll cry.  I gestured for him to sit, and he did. We sat in a comfortable silence. After a few minutes I asked how he was doing,  and he said he was fine.

"Can we go for a walk?"   

"Sure." We made our way downstairs, passing the hallway we made it to the entrance of the theatre, I immediately couldn't breathe, my vision blurred and my heart beating a mile beat. I stumbled backward, a flashback of that night running through my head only this time I was lying on the floor dead. I screamed at the top of my lungs, yelling at myself on the floor to get up and fight, don't give up. I saw my soul had left my body and gave a sympathetic look before descending up in a white gown and a halo light over my head. I yelled again and extended my arms forward trying to bring my soul down and into my body.

"APRYL! APRYL COME BACK!" I hear Daniel calling for me. Yes! Yes Daniel, help me. In a heartbeat my eyes are blessed with the most beautiful sea blue eyes I've ever seen. The shadow of his lashes every time he blinked cast crashing waves  of fear and worries.

"I'm here. Okay. I'm here."  I nod at him and he unframes my face. My eyes focused on my surroundings being paired with the concerned gaze of my family. Slowly, I rose up to my feet, taking a deep breath and reassuring my family that I was okay. I hate the look I am getting from them. Pity. Sympathy. I hate it. I looked for my identical twin and when I met his eyes, I saw something entirely different. I saw guilt and a hint of anger. Being the center of attention was becoming overwhelming, so I grabbed Daniel's arm and we gently made our way out of the house.