Chapter 16

APRYL

I stood in the doorway, and watched her with an amused look, just then Carmen comes out of the closet wondering where all the commotion was coming from

I stood in the doorway, and watched her with an amused look, just then Carmen comes out of the closet wondering where all the commotion was coming from. I pointed at myself, "I'm a slut?" she nods with her hands on her hips.

"I thought you had high standards. I get it you have high standards and all but leaving my brother for Elliot of all people is a new low even for you. Jumping from one man's bed to the next may be your idea of fun, but hurting people's feelings, especially my brother's, will get your ass beat! You're a fake ass bitch!" My hands bawled into a fist ready to pounce at her for Axel now stood behind her looking hurt and disappointed, when our eyes locked, he shook head before speaking.

"Diamond. Stop talking." she was startled by his voice, but that didn't stop her. Axel raised his hand to stop her, "whatever is going on between my sister and your brother is none of your concern, but I will not tolerate anyone disrespecting my sister. I suggest you leave before you say things that you'll regret later, besides you've said enough."

"Or an ass whooping." all eyes averted to where that came from, the closet, I smiled at Carmen appreciating her for having my back. Diamond huffs and puffs her chest before pushing past Axel leaving and bumping into Sammy as well. Her heavy footsteps receded with every step she took, the door slamming loud, vibrating through the walls letting us know that she's gone. She yelled, "she's a fake ass bitch."

 Carmen and Sammy left the room leaving us alone, he gestured for us to sit down

Carmen and Sammy left the room leaving us alone, he gestured for us to sit down. I threw myself on my bed sighing heavily, "There is no way in bloody hell am I apologizing to her," I sat down to look in my brother's eyes, "I know how you feel about her, and you know I would never do anything to hurt you or Sammy, but that bitch crossed a line. She fucking came for my character!" I got up and threw my lamp against the wall. Rage cursing through my veins, my eyes got darker with rage, "this is the fucking reason why I don't make friends, Axel, this is fucking why!" I looked around me for something to throw, but they were all small objects.

I paced the distance of my room for over a minute before Axel finally spoke, "Go on your date, but be vigilant. Also, no matter what we have to keep the Anderson twins safe until the threat has been neutralized." he breathes heavily through his nose, "this too shall pass." I gasped at those words because it was something grandma always said to us when we were younger and hurting. I door opens and Carmen and Sammy walk in