Chapitre 3

Chapitre 3:

Célestine looked at herself into the mirror, for once she felt beautiful. The gown that Constance had made was splendid. The fabric hugging her curves had the colour of the snow on a Christmas morning. The dress was so light that she felt like a dove flying through the sky while wearing it. The dress was topped with a leather belt, a quiver on her shoulder, a leather arm protector and an elegant bow was set on the table in front of her. Her hair was up in a braid with leaves and greenery in between strands of her hair.  She looked natural as if she had been the goddess all this time. Her face was pale due to the powder she had put on. She was requested to look pale because it symbolized purity and wealth.

She softly picked up her mask that was laid on the dressing table. The mask was made out of branches, some red flowers and green leaves surrounding them as if it was a tree blooming. She tied it around her head so it would stay in place during the whole evening. Even though she felt beautiful, she did not want to get any attention which was hard since she was a member of the royal family.

"Mon étoile, tu es magnifique." {My star, you are beautiful.}

"Merci Grand-père {Thank you grandfather}, Constance outdid herself," she told her grandfather who had just crossed the door.

"This is probably the prettiest gown I've ever worn"

"I liked that red dress you wore when you were little at your Cousin Charles' wedding."

"Oh non, that one was terrible I just looked like a big red bow," she replied grimacing from the memory.

"The greenery in your hair is beautiful, is it from the garden ?" her grandfather asked while slowly touching the decoration in her hair.

"Yes, I picked it up myself this morning on my morning walk"

"I knew building this garden was a good idea"

"Probably one of your best ideas," she said peacefully

"I want you to have a pleasant night," quickly remembering why he came in the first place, "please don't shelter yourself from the others. Building walls around you won't make it easier for people to love you, mon étoile." his majesty said looking down on his granddaughter in the mirror.

"You're so beautiful inside and out. N'aie pas peur, illumines toi ma petite étoile {Don't be afraid, light up my little star}," he finished stroking her cheek.

She leaned into his hand and smiled. Her grandfather was everything to her. She lived to make him proud, which could be tough since her values and believes did not match the ones from the world she grew up in.

"I will let you finish getting ready, I expect you to be downstairs in the ballroom in less than an hour. I know this is hard but please be nice to your cousin," he said kissing her cheek.

"Your mother would be so proud of you. Je t'aime ma petite étoile.{I love you my little star.} "

"Je t'aime aussi {I love you too}," murmured Célestine causing her grandfather to leave her room to join the party.

She put on some perfume, took a deep breath to calm her down before the start of the storm. She stood up and headed towards the ballroom where the bal masqué was held.

The hallways were empty, everyone had already left to go celebrate Charlotte. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a man crossed her path; Celestine making her stumble and hit the floor. Her arms automatically stopped her from landing on her face.

"Je suis affreusement désolée, mademoiselle {I am deeply sorry, miss}," a British accent said from behind her.

The stranger gave her his hand to help her back up. She kindly took it and stood. She dusted off her dress to put it back into place.

"Je m'excuse encore une fois, mademoiselle. {I'm sorry again, miss} I was just about to head to the ball. I did not expect you to cross my path, I am deeply sorry I was not looking properly." he said looking at her for the first time.

Célestine was captivated by the eyes looking at her. She felt as she was looking directly at the trees outside her window due to the bright green filling the stranger's irises. With his mask on, she could only see the colour of his eyes and his bright pink lips. She didn't remember crossing this stranger around before. He looked like the character straight out of the books she use to read to distract time. His beauty suited his costume perfectly. His long brown curls fitted his character admirably.

"Your costume is magnificent, Apollon am I right ?" a smile appeared on her face remembering how much she loved greek mythology.

"Of course and you are Artémis if I am not wrong ?" he smirked.

"The one and only. The godness of the moon, the protectress the animals and nature. However, hunting is not something I enjoy, watching an animal suffer from my hands is too much for me." 

"Well if it helps you feel better, I have absolutely no skills in archery. Music and poems are more my cup of tea," he told her.

"Well then dear Apollon, I think we should head to the ball, or else all the nice ladies waiting for you will have my head." she didn't leave him time to reply, she starts her path to the ball while he followed her carefully.

"I doubt any of them will be interested me, plus my obligations forbid me to interfere work with my love life, dear sister."

"Awww dear brother, what a shame. You won't be able to use you charm of those poor girls who will have no choice but to fall for a god," they had only met a few minutes ago but Celestine already liked playing with him. She could tell there was something different about him, perhaps it was his carefree attitude.

Fait Historique:

Apollon also known as Apollo in English is a greek god. He is the god of music and arts, oracles, archery and sunlight. He represents male beauty. So obviously, he was a perfect match for our dear Harry.

Artemis ( Artémis in french) is the twin sister of Apollon. They are the duo of Olympus. Artemis is the goddess of the Moon, hunting, wild animals and chastity. She is also a protectress of nature and animals.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. This is probably going to be one of my favourite chapters. What's your first impression of Harry? Are you enjoying the greek mythology links? I mean Harry as Apollo, I just had to. Harry is basically the real version of Apollo on earth, especially during his prince hair era.

Until we meet again,

-Vic