Chapter 1: The Royal Spell Casters

A/N: Okidoki, the first chapter as promised. Also, just a little info on pronunciation.

Gaia = ga-ya    Xelron = sel-ron   Prye = pry   Majica = ma-hi-ka   Altaecia = al-tey-sha     

Don't forget to let me know what you think of the chapter. Your comments and votes are great motivators. Thank you! *bows*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“…And about seven thousand years after that day, by some mystical force, the enchanted mist around Kelvana was lifted and the spell that cloaked the sacred homes of the spirits slowly diminished. Only a few of the temples remained unseen by human eyes. As humans braved the island and started to build their homes, their respect for the spirits that once lived there never wavered. They may have known about the war but they did not know what happened after the world was enveloped in the bright red lights. They did not know about the weapons buried all throughout Green Star and in Kelvana.” The woman telling the story smiled at the eager face of the boy looking up to her, his bright blue eyes shining with excitement so she continued, “but there were a few people who were lucky enough to have discovered the sacred objects after quite some time without knowing the tremendous powers they held. They even sold some of these objects, thinking they meant nothing more than what they appeared to be. But some still kept what they found. One of those who kept the discovered objects was a member of a royal family and he did not know that the weapon he held in his hand was the most powerful of all.”

“He found the sword of Gaia! That was the first Reign! My great, great, great, many times great grandfather,” the boy said excitedly.

“You are right, young prince. And when Gaia appeared for the first time, she told the story of the punishment and the request.”

“The story came from my family,” the boy said with awe.

“That makes your family even more important to the people.”

“I am glad that my many times great grandfather Reign found the sword and Gaia trusted him with the story.”

The woman, young and doting in nature, smiled proudly at the bright boy before continuing, “and today marks the 1000th year of the discovery of the sword. That is the very reason for the preparation throughout the kingdom. A festivity will start today and close with a ball on the seventh night. We will summon Gaia to join us. That way we can honor her properly.”

“Father told me so. The first Reign is a hero. Thank you again for the story, Lady Zedina,” the young prince said with a wide smile on his face. He stood from where he was sitting cross-legged on the floor in the library.

“You never get tired from listening to that story, do you?”

“I love stories of heroes and spells. Especially when they are about my family,” he replied excitedly.

“Yes you do. And war and whatever it is that a young boy like you fancies.”

He smiled charmingly. “Besides, I have nothing to do. Lurcy will not be here until the fourth day so I do not have any plans until then.” His smile briefly turned into a mischievous grin before it turned into a frown when he said, “I cannot go out of the palace anyway. I am not allowed. Father said it is dangerous. But I want to know what's outside. I have never been outside the palace walls. Not once. The only people I really see and really know are those living in the palace grounds and a few guests.”

“It is for your protection, Prince Reign.”

“So I have been told. Thank you again for the story, Lady Zedina. I will go look for Majica now. Lurcy is my best friend but Majica is always around so she is my second best friend.” And he raced out of the library.