Chapter 8: Unwelcomed Guests

A/N: I can only hope when I could update. So I'll apologize in advance for the rest of the chapters.

Let me know what you think and don't forget to vote. ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I’m tired…” Rei complained for the sixth time.

He was now walking with the rest of them, dragging his feet, leaving skid marks even. Anyo offered to give him a ride but the prince quickly refused the offer. Rei has always been afraid to ride a horse.

“Then I guess we should stop,” Cloud said, hoping that they would stop because he was getting hungry and tired himself. They have been walking since sunrise without stopping.

“If we decide to stop for rest, I suggest we stop near a river or any body of water,” Altaecia said, brushing dust and sweat from her forehead with her hand.

“There’s a river somewhere in here,” Yume said, trying to recall where it was located.

“Can we stop for awhile before we look for that river? Just a short rest,” Cloud asked but that only got him a glare from Altaecia.

“Come on. We’ve only been walking for what? Five hours? That’s not too long,” Garr said.

“We’ve had walks before that took us days without resting, remember?” Anyo said.

“I remember. But I also remembered we had food during those times. And water,” Cloud replied sardonically.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t fast enough in grabbing the bag with all the food,” Yume said, upset.

“Stop complaining already, Cloud,” Altaecia said.

“You know what? We’d find that river faster if we walk and look without complaining,” Majica said blandly.

“Are you okay?” Zedina asked the illusion weaver. Majica nodded.

“Majica is right,” Garr said.

“Why don’t you morph into a flying creature and fly over the forest, Anyo?” Cloud suggested. He felt something hit the back of his head. He turned and saw Altaecia glaring at him, her hand poised to throw something at him again. “What? I think it’s a good idea.”

“The only flying creature that Anyo can morph into is a dragon, you pea-brain. A huge black-hearted dragon that when seen hovering above the forest will surely make any human talk.”

“But it will be easy for us to find that river.”

Altaecia threw another pebble at him. “Do you have a working brain? Or a brain at all? If somebody sees the dragon, that somebody will surely talk about it. And when that somebody talks about it, pretty soon Everett will know about it. He knows that Anyo is the only black-hearted dragon around. Do you realize what that would do to us?”

Cloud did not say anything again. Yume kept looking for something that she would recognize and help her remember where the river was. Zedina was walking with Rei and Majica alongside Altaecia who have finally calmed down. The spell caster noticed how Altaecia would often look back at Yume who was walking with Garr, Cloud and Anyo.

“Is her presence bothering you?” she asked Altaecia.

“No,” she replied.

“Why do you keep looking back at her?”

“It’s nothing to be concerned about.”

“Are you sure?” she asked. “You know you can always share anything with me, Altaecia. Maybe there’s something I can do.”