Chapter 17

Olivia had been skirmishing with the beast sidekick longer than she'd expected and wasn't any closer to winning. Her energy depleted fast. Olivia had used up her offensive moves, but fleeing wasn't an option, because the three girls remained in harms way.

She needed to outsmart the villain until either the fire ate him or a piece of debris flattened him. The buildings around Olivia granulated and smoke pooled the air.

" Tired already? And I was just getting warmed up." The sidekick teased.

Olivia wiped blood from her lips and focused on her Art, plus the enemy's movements. Olivia struck. She created a water geyser. A jet of water erupted through the cracks in the cement and knocked the beast off balance.

He fumbled, regained his footing and preformed a quick counterattack. The sidekick threw a punch, but Olivia floated over it. So, the beast hybrid resorted to an upheaval of wind from his enormous wings and whipped Olivia backwards into a pile of bricks.

She winced, scraping her arms and upper vertebrae. Olivia panted and her vision made her see doubles. She had to pull herself together, there were citizens to save.

" Take this!" Olivia yelled. She unleashed a storm of bubbles, hoping they'd provide coverage by stinging the enemy's eyes. Alas, the beast used his feathers to pop each bubble and clobbered his alligator tail against Olivia's chest.

She choked on spittle, collapsing on the cold ground. Olivia's body convulsed and burned unbearably. She tried to move, but her muscles went numb. Olivia wanted to stay on the pavement and feel miserable. That meant giving up, and heroes never surrendered. They kept pushing forwards until the villain was the one groveling.

" DIE!" An unmistakable voice bellowed. Olivia's tears vanished as Katsumi zipped through the air and plowed into the beast. With a powerful rage of pure energy, Katsumi released his stored up sweat and transformed the brutish sidekick into a mound of ash.

" Nobody hurts my friend and gets to laugh while she cries. Bastard!" Katsumi shouted furiously, kicking the ashes to clarify the enemy was bested.

" Olivia!" Mr. Uzuraka threw his arms around his daughter and drew her close to him. " I thought I'd lost you. Are you okay? Can you stand?" He doted.

Olivia coughed, prying herself free from her father to breathe. She was a little lightheaded and roughed up, but luckily, Olivia's legs were unscathed. " Yes, I'm fine. And I can stand. No worries." She simpered.

" Oh, that's wonderful. Where's Izuku?" Mrs. Mason said. She coward behind Mrs. Bryant, scanning the area for her son.

Olivia coughed again and pointed to the top of the tallest tech tower. " He's up there. But he's—ack! He's okay. Izuku can handle himself." She tried to reassure Mrs. Mason, but honestly, Olivia feared Izuku was in the most dangerous place of all. Face to face with Silver Yoshihito.

" Enough chatting! We don't have time for a reunion! Olivia, put our parents in bubbles and escort everyone to the beach, now! The island isn't stable. HURRY ROUND FACE, THIS ISN'T A DRILL!" Katsumi commanded, as rude as ever. He was uneasy due to the surge of villains and the multiplying casualties.

Olivia climbed to her feet and touched their parents gently, concentrating on forming bubbles. Water morphed around each parent and slowly positioned them in the sky. " Okay, I'm on my way to the beach. Umm....be careful Katsumi." Olivia replied, rubbing her forearm.

Katsumi nodded, giving her a thumbs-up. It wasn't shortly after Olivia jumped over a hill of rubble with a mob of bubbles in her wake, that she heard a pitiful yelp.

" Katsumi!" Olivia shrieked. She rushed to her friend's side, but Katsumi pleaded for her to stop.

A new villain—well new to Olivia—had appeared and pressed Katsumi to the cement with his boot. The villain was burly with gorilla strength and metal gloves. He smirked at Katsumi like they've known each other since childhood.

" It's been awhile, Brat. How 'bout a rematch? You wouldn't want to look pathetic in front of your girlfriend, would ya?" Detlef gibed, crunching Katsumi's spine. He gave a despicable grin at the sound of bones snapping.

" Stop, please! You're gonna kill him!" Olivia's eyes flooded with tears.

Katsumi dug his fists in the gravel and lifted his chin, so he could see Olivia. " Just go! Get outta here! Go! Don't look back and run! Run Olivia, do it now!" Katsumi ordered, gagging on spit.

Olivia shook her head, but listened and torn herself away. She raced towards the coast, not looking back, and pushing forward. She saw the purple sand beaches up ahead. It took a majority of her will power not to drop the bubbles and run to Katsumi. She shoved the negative images aside and trudged through the forest terrain.

" Hey! Start up the boat! And see if the radio works!" Olivia instructed the yacht captain as she emerged from the trees, leading a swarm of bubbles. Olivia set the civilians on the shore and dashed onto the yacht deck. The captain was in the process of radioing the mainland.

He glanced at Olivia and sighed, " sorry Miss, no signal. My guess is the villains silenced all communications."

Olivia puffed her cheeks and ran a hand through her cinnamon hair. " Alright. Take as many survivors as you can and go to Japan. Personally request reinforcements be sent to Klafgate Island. Can you do that?" She demanded. It was their last resort. The pro heroes were foremost to be alerted of the catastrophe.

" Roger. I'll do my best." The captain saluted. He left the bridge and gestured for the citizens to file aboard. Shockingly, the 1414 Demon yacht had a capacity of fifty or more passengers. But that meant the captain would have to make several round trips.

Olivia knew the people would be safe on the beach and backup would arrive soon. She needed to have faith. Olivia thanked the captain and hugged her father goodbye.

" Come back to me in one piece, ya hear?" Mr. Uzuraka weeped. His heart ached to see his daughter risking her life for a bunch of strangers. She truly was a kindhearted person. Mr. Uzuraka couldn't be more proud of Olivia.

" I promise Daddy. I'll do my best and I'll bring Izuku and Katsumi back with me." Olivia winked.
She squeezed Mrs. Mason and Mrs. Bryant's hands, then left.

Now that their parents were on a yacht to Japan and the citizens were evacuating as quickly as possible. The heroes could do whatever it took to bring down the villains.