十二

tw // mentions of drugs 

The next morning came. Hyunjin slowly opens his eyes just to quickly shut them at the sudden headache. "Ugh..."

He sighs in relief after seeing that he was back in his house.

Wait.

He wasn't with anyone at the party and knowing his drunk self, he doesn't give out his address to random people. Could it be that Rowoon guy?

Hyunjin groans as he tries to remember the events that happened last night. All he remembers right now is him getting a drink in the kitchen until that tall ass man came and started flirting with him, then going to the restroom and back, his drink tasting weird-

'Oh, this son of a bitch.'

He slowly gets up, making sure not to make his headache worse, and heads to the kitchen to get some hangover pills.

'Hyung~'

Hyunjin chokes on his water as memories from last night finally hit him like a truck. His face turns red, a little too red. He grabs a handful of hair and pulls it out of frustration.

"No no no! What the fuck, please don't tell me that actually happened," Hyunjin cries out.

"Oh, Hyunnie! You're awake!" a voice called out. Hyunjin whips his head over to the female standing at the kitchen's entrance.

"Mom...aren't you supposed to be at work?" Hyunjin stares at her in disbelief, making his mom cross her arms.

"Surprised? Yeah, I had work today but Chan came over and brought your drunk ass home, so I had to call in sick. Didn't I tell you to stop going to bars by yourself? What would've happened if Chan wasn't there?" his mom raises her voice. "I don't want my only child to get hurt by his stupid decisions."

Hyunjin lowers his head in guilt, "I'm sorry...I'm sure you're disappointed and tired of me now."

Hyunjin's mom frowns in guilt as well and pulls him into an embrace. "I'm sorry for yelling. You barely see me these days and I'm over here screaming at you. I'm sorry if I ever made you feel unworthy, I promise you that you're my everything. You're my happiness and my worth of living. I just don't want my baby to get hurt. I love you, okay?"

His tears fall into his mother's shirt as he hugs her back. Oh, how he missed this. This is all he needs right now, the one person that he loves the most. "I love you more," he whispers.

His mother pulls away and kisses his forehead. "Well now that I have my day off, why don't we go out somewhere?"

Hyunjin smiles brightly and nods, "I'd love that."

"Oh, it's a bit crowded today," Hyunjin's mother gasps. Hyunjin agrees, holding on to his mother's arm like he's about to lose her in any second. "Hyunjin, honey, you're gonna rip my arm out if you keep gripping onto me."

Hyunjin apologizes but they both laugh. They both decided to go to the mall since it was not that hot today. Hyunjin was smiling throughout the time until he saw someone familiar.

'Why am I always running into them so much lately?'

His mother also notices the boy and gasps in delight, "Look, Hyunnie! Isn't that Minho?" But before Hyunjin could say anything, she hooks her arm around Hyunjin's and drags him to the older.

Minho takes notice of the woman and her son coming his way, kind of shocked but smiles and bows politely once they are near him. "Auntie Heejin, who have you been?"