Chapter 2

The next day, I put the elder wand in my trunk and head down to breakfast, waiting in front of the Ravenclaw common room, so I can head down with Victoire, making sure not to step into the vicinity of the statue of Rowena Ravenclaw's statue. I don't want to answer one of those questions. It'd probably be something to get me thinking about the consequences of using the wand. I start thinking about the wand and mum and dad. What are they like? I know they were kind and brave, that's just kinda in the job description for Hufflepuffs and Griffindors. But were they sympathetic or empathetic? Brave to a fault, or strategically brave? Would they...

I'm interrupted by the opening of the Ravenclaw door as Victoire bursts through. "Teddy!"

For a moment I'm afraid that she found out, but that wouldn't be possible unless Kaye told her, and she wasn't at breakfast this morning. "Hey Victoire! What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm just excited for our date in Hogsmeade today! It's going to be so exquisite!"

"I agree madam." We always talk like royalty when we first see each other in the morning. At first it was just Victoire with her vast vocabulary but then I started playing along. A lot of people say we're a cute couple. Like the entire school.

"Acio wreath" A wreath comes flying up the stairs and plops onto the statue's head. "The perfect touch." Remarks Victoire.

"No, an exquisite touch. I say, smirking.

"Teddy. You're a goofball. You know that?" She says as we head down to the grounds.

"I don't know that, I rely on it. I need it to survive. It is my food and you are my drink."

"You rely on me and jokes? That's sweet. But also fairly offensive. If you rely on me and jokes, that sounds like you think I'm a quip. Not entirely flattering."

"You know what I mean. Quick question, what's a quip again?"

*Snort* "A quip is like a pun or a joke, like your exquisite joke. That was a quip."

"Oh yeah. I knew that. For sure. What's a pun again?"

"Oh Teddy." We both start laughing and we exchange 'quips' and jokes, having a ton of fun. Then the bell rings and we head to class.

"See you at lunch Vic!"

"See you Ted!"