A little about the past

A year after the apocalypse. I met a group of people banded together after end of the world. Their leader is a lvl 2 water system. Water systems are also rare power. They usually are at the management of a base. They supply the bosses of the base since clean water are scarce, a commodity by any means just like food; grains, fresh veges and fruits.

On the 2nd yr of the apocalypse; people realized that supplies are getting scarce. Everybody tried to overpower each other.

In the apocalypse, everything is a fair game.

Regular people scower and submit to superhumans. They take refuge to bases that mutant beings founded.

Mutant beings with space system like myself are guarded, scrutinized, observed heavily. The reason is, the power is very common to the point its not needed anymore. The power is weak, not for offense/ defense use.

Aside from that, it might be used to secretly hide supplies and food,  a thief.

Human beings are very adaptable. Half a year before the 3rd year of the apocalypse, society was able to build an equipment that can detect human power.

And thats how powers are detected. How space system was known as very common. Theres 1 out 10 in proportion. That common.
But they would not be able to actually see what's inside the space.
That's the reason why space system is despised.

Thats when I realized, I really don't have anything up my sleeves to survive.

"Hold on, one of the scarciest commodity is women." i sneered. Cannot accept the fact of being eyed as play thing, property

I am someone with only my space system . I dont have pretty looks. I dont even have the body to convince someone to sleep with me.

I can hug someones thigh to survive. If i can't , then i can try to negotiate, be a team runner, a cook or to do their laundry.

"That I can do." i ponder. Thinking about my situation before.

But reality is harsh. Zombies evolves as well as mutant beast. In missions, having high lvl super powered beings secures the highest success rate. And people like me are considered as cannon fodders. The sacrificial lamb to hold off zombies.

****

I don't want to be like that anymore.

To be someones meatshield. To see your family being sacrificed one by one due to being a common human.

Not having enough to eat or begging for food but getting spit instead.

Apocalypse is not for all. Law was forgotten, only the strong shall survive.

Love is only a feeling, nothing more, nothing less.