chapter ten

No ones pov

As Henry pulled the trigger, Patrick had pushed Henry's hand up which made him shoot up in the air. You sat in the car, shock lacing your face as your heart beat matched your shaking body and ringing ears. You say there for a moment and heard him start to laugh.

"He's laughing...he tried to...-" you quietly spoke slowing your breaths.

You wanted to speed away but instead you got out of the car and ran towards them, punching Henry in the face.

"you tried to shoot me!" You yelled as the ringing went away.

He held his nose and looked at you, he then smiled and said "yeah, no shit, if it weren't for Patrick here, you'd have a hole in your head"

Before you could say anything else a police man walked toward you. It was the same one from the other day.

Your point of view

I was about to say something else but a police officer walked toward us. He was the same one Henry looked at the other day at school before he left.

He asked me what i was doing with Henry when i can spend my time with a 'real man'. I looked at Henry as he tried to hide the bit of blood he just wiped from his nose after the punch. He then told Henry to stand still, reloaded the gun and shot at Henry's feet. Henry flinched and the guy walked away with the gun.

The chubby kid, Patrick and other kid all left and Henry stood still. I studied him for a second. He looked at me and asked "you can leave" he said rather harshly but it sounded forced. They say you can tell a lot about a person by looking at their eyes. His? They showed sadness, abuse, loneliness... Heartbreak

I wanted so bad to leave, he did try to shoot me with a gun... But i wanted to stay too.

He walked over to a tree and sat down against it, on the ground. I sat next to him and he asked "why are you still here? Everyone else left" i sighed and said "honestly Henry, i don't know why I'm still here, you just tried to kill me, but for some fucked up reason, I'm here."

He looked at me and said "the gun was empty, i knew that before pulling the trigger...i used the last bullets on the cans...that's why butch reloaded first before shooting at me..."

"you wanted to scare me..." i said, he looked at me, confirming this. "he hurts you, doesn't he?" I asked him and ge nodded. "I'm sorry" "why?" He asked, I shifted my position to look at him mor clearly

"no one deserves to be treated like that, not even assholes like you" He had the smallest smile "fuck you" he said and i replied with "no, fuck you" "fuck me" he said "no" He chuckled "worth a try" I shook my head "it really wasn't" i said and stood up "where you going?". "home, my names (y/n) by the way"

"hey (y/n)? Can we keep what happened today between us maybe? Please?" I thoughtfor a second "if... You admit your an asshole"

"I'm an asshole" he said a but too fast "i knew it and... Yeah, its our secret"

I put my index finger and thumb to my lips and moved then from one end to the other as if i was zipping them. I smiled, got into my car, started the engine and left.

I adjusted my rear view mirror and saw Henry in it, he was still standing there, looking at at car as it drove away.

That small smile he had was now a slightly bigger one.