Chapter 1 ; A Wish I Made

*Ring* The bell rang as I was staring at the clock. I picked up my books, and tossed them in my bag which contained broken pencils and old notebooks, which I have yet to throw out. I walked out of class, and tried to get to my locker as quickly as I could... but that was kind of hard with all of the other kids running around the halls, trying to get out of this place. Spring Break was starting, and I was so excited to finish my new fantasy book series. As I walked down the hallways I was imagining how it would end! I finally got ouside the doors, as I tried not to act too excited. I called home and let them know I was going to the forest, so I could read.

        As I walked down the sidewalk, I counted my steps. 1, 2, 3, 120, 570, until I got to the entrance. As I stood before it, I took off my backpack, and took out my book. I put my backpack where I usually put in, in the dirt hole I dug as a kid, so I didn't have to climb with it. I walked on the crunching leaves, over the mossy logs, and around the swift-flowing river until I had finally arrived at my tree. I had been climbing it since my parents took walks with me here when I was little. It has a little treehouse, and a ladder inside the trunk. I had worked on this with my dad when I was a bit younger. Now, I work on decorating it, with drawing of what I imagine characters I read about would look like, and candles (in a tree, unsafe, I know right?) which I know is crazy, but I still do it. I also write in the tree. I write fan-fictons, and fantasy novels. I'm currently trying to get one published! 

        As I was reading, the hours passed by quickly, and before I knew it, it was 11:00pm. As I closed my book, I decided that I might as well stay in the treehouse for the night, as it would take at least a 45 minutes to walk home. I set an alarm on my phone, and fell asleep.