Chapter 12

12

WOOSH!!! If only it was that easy.

Wave a wand and have everything done for you. If only I was Hermione Granger and could make everything disappear. That is what I'm wishing for right about now, as I stand in the middle of my room looking helplessly at the clutter strewn across the floor, and faced with the challenge of finding something to wear.

It's just another example of my typical bad luck that James would want to take me out somewhere when my room looks like it was hit by a tornado and then ransacked by tomb raiders.

I rush around the room, trying to remember how I 'organized' this mess into what is clean and dirty. Apparently, either I just don't remember my system, or most likely, I just didn't bother to worry about where things were going when I was stuck in my room for a week.

I have to resort to the lowliest act a girl can perform. And I'm not talking about being a prostitute. I'm talking about having to sniff your clothes to find out whether or not they are clean. I pick up a hoodie and bring it to my nose. Nope! Another one for the laundry!

Where are all my clean clothes?! I know I have some put away somewhere... But where?!

Tearing across the room, knocking over anything in my way, ducking my head and swinging open doors, I look in all the wardrobes, all the corners, all the boxes for any, ANY, clean outfit to wear.

Of course! The emergency suitcase! How could I have forgotten?!

Quickly, I slide the suitcase out from under the bed, open the latch, and bask in the glory of the beautiful and heartwarming sight of clean clothes. Never before have I seen such stylish, cool, clothes!

Quickly I clean up my disheveled appearance, get dressed, do my makeup, and look around the room to see if there's anything I'm forgetting.

Nothing comes to mind, although that's not really a huge surprise considering the only thing my room reminds me of right now is a war zone. Oh well. Let's just hope that Laura doesn't decide to make a surprise visit to my room today.

Giving my room one last disgusted once-over, I unhook my purse from the door handle and start my journey downstairs.

It seems that every time I descend these stairs that Ash and James are at the bottom acting like idiots. Apparently, today is no different from any other day, and leaning casually against the wall, James plays Rock, Paper, Scissors with Ash.

"Damn it! You won AGAIN! How do you do that?!" Ash whines, throwing his hands up in the air, nearly smacking James in the face and causing him to bend backwards to avoid it.

James chuckles with a smirk. "Well, maybe you would actually have a chance to win 1 round if you didn't do it in the same order every single time. You make it WAY too easy to 'predict' what you are going to choose. You know, just because the game is called 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' doesn't mean that you actually have to play it in the actual order of rock, paper and then scissors."

"Wait..." Ash trails off, "You mean... You don't actually have to play in that order?! That's not a rule?! I've been playing this game wrong for my entire life?!"

"Yeah, pretty much," I interrupt as I reach the main hallway and James quickly straightens himself and clears his throat.

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah, hang on a second. I need to explain the rules to Ash again."

"The rules to Rock, Paper, Scissors? Because it turns out that I do need to learn those aga-"