New friends,more problems

I woke up the next morning knowing exactly what day it was.It was time for me to go to school."Ugh! I said loudly.I brushed my teeth and put some decent looking clothes. I went down and saw my dad making me some pancakes. "Morning sweetie," he said joyfully."Hi dad I'm late so I've got to go," I said while grabbing a pancake and running out the door. I was already late on my first day and I had to run to school. After what felt like 30 minutes,I reached the school doors as the bell rang. I went to the office to get my schedule and tried to find my first class." Ah shoot,I am literally hopeless right now,"I said quietly. "Hi," I heard behind me."AHHHH!!,WHAT THE HELL!!,I screamed loudly."Calm down,its just a person,"she told jokingly."Sorry," I replied." Your new here aren't you.Well my name is Celeste. I know,weird name right but I was named after a sitcom so not so weird."she said." Hi,I'm Leia.I replied. "Well I know you are late because your class is that way,"she said pointing down the hall. I said thanks and proceeded to walk to my class but I realized that she was following me." You really don't have to follow me." I replied awkwardly."Oh I know,I'm in the same class so of course I'm gonna be going in the same direction."she said laughing to the fact she scared me.After class,it was lunch so I went to the cafeteria to get some food.As I got some,there were no tables available and it seemed I had to sit in the toilet or something."Hey Leia,come join us,"I heard a little to my left.I realized it was Celeste and a bunch of other people so I felt happy I had some company. "Hi Celeste."I told her." Hey these are my friends,Liam,Silo and Bruce." She told me.By the looks of her friends,I could tell that bruce and silo were a couple. Liam had brown hair and brown eyes,silo had blonde hair and blue eyes and Bruce had black hair and hazel eyes."Nice to meet y'all ,"I said to them.The rest of the day was just as boring as you would think it was.I was walking home thinking about the day I had when I felt like someone was watching me.When I turned around I saw a pair of red eyes behind a tree and knew exactly what it was. I ran and ran until I reached my home and was soaking wet from sweat."Woah,are you okay?"my dad asked at the door."I'm fine,just a little creeped out that's all,"I said unsurely."Well, I have to run some errands so can you go through your moms things and see what you wanna keep?"he told me.I instantly went black.my moms things meaning all her work and studies about some super secret thing no one even my dad didn't know about.My dad told me it was this work that had her killed.I resented that work because it was what made me lose my mom." Leia?" My dad asked worriedly."Yeah,I'll go through it."I replied.As soon as he left, I opened the box and was terrified on what I saw.there was a newspaper which titled lilly creek: paranormal or not.