🥁

(A/N: hey y'all I hope you enjoy this chapter! The picture of the day is me lol and in this chapter the emoji is a drum so Toni is a drummer and teaches Cheryl how to do it!)

No time skip

Cheryls POV

I've always been attracted to drummers. Female drummers, of course. I've never had an attraction to men but something about a beautiful woman drumming is so attractive to me.

It was funny to me that I ended up dating Toni Topaz, who was known for being the badass biker chick of the school, but who also knew how to play the drums and was in the percussion section of the school band/orchestra. She and Sweet Pea both played drums, while Fangs played Saxophone in the brass section and Reggie Mantle played trumpet, also in the brass section.

I wanted to play music, but not in a big school group like that, but I started attending more of their performances even before Toni and I got together, when I started realizing I had a crush on her.

Anyway, Toni and I were in my basement. Since we recently moved in together, her drum set was in the basement where it fit best. But, don't get me wrong, this wasn't some stone filled nasty old basement, it was completely finished and resembled a decent looking studio apartment, so the drum set wouldn't be damaged being down here.

I heard the percussion version of Picture to Burn coming from down stairs, with the studio track playing overtop so she could keep track of her playing and making sure it was right.

I walked downstairs and saw Toni with one headphone in playing to the music with her eyes closed, seemingly lost and content in the moment. That made me smile.

"Babe?" I asked quietly, and she heard me even though I wasn't that loud.

"Yes my love?" She asked, stopping playing, pausing the music and removing her headphone. She rested her sticks in between her legs and leaned back a bit, tilting her head while she waited for my response.

"I just wanted to say you're really talented and I loved your playing." I said shyly and she beamed with pride, grinning and blushing like a tomato, which normally only I do (not just because I'm quite pale).

"Thank you babes, you're always so sweet to me" she mumbled happily.

"I always wished I learned an instrument, but I just never had the knack for it." I confessed with a small smile.

"Well let me show you," she said, scooting back off the seat and gesturing for me to sit.

I sat down and hesitantly accepted the drumsticks she offered me. "Okay this is the snare drum, this is very commonly used and in most songs, there's a snare." She explained, pointing to one of the drums. "Okay..." I said to make sure she knew I was listening. After waiting a moment to make sure I understood, she continued.

"This is the floor Tom, this is one of 3 Tom drums on the set. It makes a deeper/lower sound than the other two toms. This here is the medium and high Tom, and obviously by the names you can tell one makes a higher sound than the other." She continued to explain. I nodded. These here are all the cymbals. You've got your classic high hat, which I love to use, then your crash and ride cymbals."

After she explained everything to me, she said, "okay babes now try it out." I tried drumming a bit but I wasn't too good at it. I got a bit frustrated, but when I turned around, I was met with my girl donning a reassuring smile. She came behind me and helped me hold the sticks a bit better and showed me how to do a rimshot, which, If you've never heard of that, it's commonly used in comedy shows when someone makes a funny joke to add to the punchline. I did it and we played the drums together the rest of the night.

The next day, I saw a pair of red drumsticks on the counter wrapped in a pink ribbon, with a white notecard next to it saying

"To my favorite redhead, a new pair of drumsticks so we can play together more often. Keep killing it Bombshell, I love you.

Love always,

    TT xxoo"