Chapter 11

⚠️Warning: Read with caution as there are some profanity words used in this chapter.⚠️

"How can you say that these pictures make that commoner look like he's manipulating Her Highness? They're just hugging like good friends."

Damn it, I can't convince them just to get revenge on him.
He thought, rubbing his chin.

The boy who got in trouble with Acting Grand Master Jean was planning on taking revenge because of what Albedo did to him. He didn't take it lightly; being belittled by Albedo.

He was thinking of things to convince them until an idea popped up in his mind. Except, he didn't actually physically show that he had an idea like doing the gesture. He did a small smirk as he knew his plan was going to work.

"Remember when either the eldest or the only child of the royal bloodline has to be next to the throne?"

"Yeah? And how is this related to these pictures?"

"Think about it. Princess Sucrose is an only child and the next one to rule the Kingdom of Mondstadt. She can only wear the crown once she's at the proper age. And that boy right there earned her trust so much just so he can marry her just to get the riches!"

The others gasped in horror and shock.

"Plus! It's tradition for Royals to be married to another Royal in Teyvat. He's manipulating The princess, seemingly looking innocent upon Her Highness just to get ahold of the fortune! And we all know that 2 years from now, the princess will turn 18."

"That's horrible!"

"Why would he do that? He's a very clever one, I must say..."

"But sometimes, Royals don't actually have to be married with another blood of royalty. They can just marry someone that's their choice."
One mentioned.

"That is indeed correct, but — in the Kingdom of Mondstadt — it's a continuous tradition for the royal bloodline to be forcefully married by another royal. No exceptions."

"And I was starting to think Princess Sucrose found her true love... It sounds horrible to be forcefully married to someone you don't even know."

"That's just how it is in this nation, I guess."

"I'm going to spread the word. Everyone needs to hear that the princess is getting manipulated!"

The boys and girls ran, sharing the news with their friends — whispering and gossiping as the word grew faster than a lone Cecilia.

Perfect... All is going according to plan.
He said, chuckling to himself.

A week later...

"Hey! It's that boy with the princess!"

"What's he doing with her?"

"I'm surprised Princess Sucrose hasn't opened her eyes yet. Poor girl..."

"Same. I want to tell her but I'm too scared to confront her."

Sucrose and Albedo laid eyes on each and every one of the people who were whispering while the citizen's eyes were locking onto the two as well. They got confused very much as they heard their whispers. They couldn't really hear what they were talking about but they knew that gossip had spread about them. And the worst part was, the two didn't know why the people of Modstadt started talking about them. It wasn't typical talk such as praises or compliments or greetings. It was different. Albedo started to panic inside for he questioned what if they already knew that he was genuinely in love with her? Not knowing also that she has to be married to another royal bloodline when she's of legal age.