thirty six

Rory and Finn, were standing outside the house on the Upper West Side, they had just finished the tour with the broker and they both knew what they individually thought they should do but had yet to discuss it, to check if they were on the same page.

"We will give you a call tomorrow when we make a decision, is that ok Ryan?" Rory asked.

"Yes that is fine, I will be around all day, and as I said this house doesn't officially hit the market until Monday so no one else has or will see it until then. You currently have no competition if you decide to go for it."

"We will talk to you tomorrow Ryan, have a good evening," Finn said, dismissing the broker as he and Rory turned to walk towards their apartments.

"We probably need to head towards Hartford now. Do we want to drive or bring a driver?" Rory asked.

"I want to be able to talk openly, and I know you will need to escape at some point so I say we drive?"

"Ok, you can drive, it's been a long week." Rory said tiredly.

"We don't need to see anyone until brunch tomorrow, do you want to go tonight and spend the night in Stars Hollow, or do you want to have a movie night in your apartment, and then drive down in the morning? You are burning out Kitten, and I just want to do whichever you think will re-energize you quicker." Finn said, his arm wrapped tightly around his fiancee's waist as they walked.

"I think I want to just stay home tonight, I think we both know my mom will be too full of questions if we are in Stars Hollow, between the wedding and house hunting, she would have too many things to ask about."

"I think so too, let's get you into a bath to relax and some warm pjs with food for a movie." Finn said, leading Rory into the lobby of her building, nodding at the doorman.

Rory came out of the bath feeling much more relaxed and alive. Finn had been right; she needed that relaxation.

"Finn?" Rory shouted, looking for him as she shrugged into her pyjamas that he had set out for. Fleecy minnie mouse pants and a Yale t-shirt that smelled like him, as it fell to her knees, she realised he had set out his one for her, instead of one of her own.

"In here, Kitten." He shouted from her theatre room. He had been right on his first visit that she loved movies too much to not have a tv. Instead she had a separate theatre room set up with a projector and several oversize couches and bean bag chairs and pillows. It had its own fridge and pantry set up in the corner, for drinks and candy.

Rory walked in to find Finn had made himself comfortable. He had his pyjamas on groot pants and a thor t-shirt. There was pizza in front of him and all of Rory's favourite candies, he had set out beer, wine and soda.

"I figured you need to relax but I wasn't sure if you wanted to share a bottle of wine, have a beer or just have a coke? I'm thinking wine but I didn't want to assume."

"You're right, I'd love a glass of white wine with my pizza, thank you Finn." Rory leaned over and gave him a kiss, before sitting down to get some pizza and wine.

"Thanks for what Kitten?" Finn asked.

"For knowing exactly what I need, no one else has ever been able to predict my needs and wants like you do. You're a part of me and sometimes it's like you're in my head and can tell what I'm thinking."

"Pretty sure that's why we are engaged. You are my other half, my job is to anticipate your needs and help you with them if I can, and if I can't, find a way to make them happen." Finn shrugged and took a bite of pizza, as though what he said was nothing at all.