Chapter I - Perhaps

(Y/n) had just finished another shift at her shitty part time job. She was exhausted. She was at her limit. And she had another shift the same day, but it was a different part time job she had, so that made matters worse for her. But at this point, she was somewhat accustomed to this hectic schedule of her's.

The second the twenty three year-old had arrived at her (incredibly small) apartment, she falls straight down to the only couch that's within the living room.

"So tired..." (Y/n) mumbles through the pillow, securing her face into the plump item. "If I sleep now...I might recharge a bit...before my..." She drifts off into unconsciousness in only a second. She ignores the fact that she still has her work uniform on and rests on the couch.

A minute had went by, and the alarm clock that (Y/n) set up beforehand had turned off, forcing her to wake up from the loud noise of the ringing.

(Y/n) scowls at the lack of time there was to rest and turns off the alarm clock. She clicks her tongue and massages the back of her neck, easing the stiffness within it. "Fuck..." She groans. "I didn't even sleep at all."

By the time the girl changes into the uniform of her other part time job, the sun was up, shining through the curtains of the tall windows that were built among the small apartment.

Before actually going, (Y/n) turns on the TV and serves herself cereal and milk. The TV just so happened to be on the news channel.

"Forgot I left it on the news channel last time..." (Y/n) doesn't like watching the news channel, so right after making breakfast, she goes to the coffee table so that she can change it to a more entertaining channel that would suffice.

But just as she grabs the remote, the news reporter moves onto a different story. "And now for our next story." Beside the news reporter appeared a picture of a shop that was surrounded by police cars and people.

"Last night, two boys who illegally entered a motorcycle shop, S.S Motors, were caught after a victim contacts the police."

(Y/n) blinks, her movements coming to a halt. "S.S Motors?" Instead of changing the channel, she increases the volume.

"The only victim who wasn't breathing was found among the robbery and was rushed away in an ambulance. It wasn't until his recently proclaimed death that the police figured that the victim was the shop's owner, Sano Shinichiro-san."

(Y/n)'s breath hitches. "Shinichiro?" Her attention is invested on the news, distracted by the TV that she subconsciously drops the bowl of cereal she held with both hands, accidentally spilling the content all over the floor. She lets out a gasp at the mess she made and quickly gathers some paper towel to collect all of the mess, cleaning it at a consistent pace.

(Y/n) finishes cleaning up, throwing away the paper towel in the trash can. 'Shinichiro Sano...' Her eyes narrow. 'I haven't heard that name in years...' Her frown deepens.

~•~

"(L/n), order up!"

(Y/n) snaps out of her daze and speeds walk to the kitchen, retrieving the served plate the that chef made by hand. "Yeah..." She goes to the dining table that ordered the plate and gives them the meal.

The only person that depicted (Y/n)'s strange behavior was her co-worker and former classmate, Mio. "Something up, (Y/n)?" She crosses her arms on the counter of the bar, skeptical.

(Y/n) locks eyes with her co-worker, walking up to Mio. "Yeah..." She repeats, head lowered only slightly.

"What's wrong?" Mio quirks up an eyebrow.