chapter 2

"what should i wear, kate?" venus asked looking at her dull wardrobe. "its not like i have anything formal, i dont even own colourful clothes for gods sakes!" she walked back to her bed and laid down next to kate.

"hey, how are you supposed to know what to wear? he didn't even say where he was taking you." kate informed trying to pick at her split ends.

venus groaned and put her hands on her face, "fuck it, im just gonna wear the dress my sister gave me." and stood up to find the dress.

"you mean the really short slutty one?" kate raised her eyebrow "ven, i doubt that you guys will be going to a strip club."

"no i meant the other one, you know the lacy black dress that goes just above my knees." venus replied picking up the said dress and examining it.

kate gasped and rushed to venus "what the hell, you never told me about this dress."

venus scrunched her eyebrows together, "hmm, guess not" she shrugged and started to take off her t-shirt.

kate half heartedly glared, "i cant believe you forgot to tell me, unbelievable" she muttered and sat back down on the bed.

-

someone knocked on the door just after venus had finished with her make up and hair.

kate squealed then grabbed venus' hand and grinned, "1/2 of the cutest couple has just arrived!"

venus rolled her eyes, kate was always easily excited over the smallest things, "okay kate heres the plan, if i don't call you at 10 tonight call the police" venus said each word slowly to try and make it clear to kate.

they both walked down the stairs and into the hallway that lead to the door, "stop being paranoid, ven" it was kates turn to roll her eyes. "now hurry up and answer the door" she ushered and pushed venus gently towards the door.

"i dont even know him, what if hes an axe murderer?" venus whispered but not really quietly since the person standing behind the door laughed.

"don't worry, im not gonna murder you well unless you try to kill me." he emphasised the word 'you'.

"oh my god" venus whispered and slowly opened the door.

luke was standing there with his hair spiked up neatly, he was wearing a plain black t-shirt with black jeans.

"whoah" was the first thing he said when he saw venus, "you look very beautiful" he smiled.

kate nudged her shoulder and secretly put her thumbs up and walked outside whispering a quiet goodbye.

"i feel like im a bit overdressed" venus said as she walked outside and closed the door to stand beside luke.

"no, no, dont worry, you're not overdressed, you have the perfect outfit" he blurted scratching the back of his neck.

venus awkwardly smiled in return.

luke cleared his throat and held out his hand, venus accepted it and they both walked together.

"wait, are we walking to the place of our date?" venus asked looking up.

luke chuckled and shook his head, "no, i parked my car at the wrong house and i couldn't be bothered to re-park it."

venus snorted and quickly covered her nose.

"hey, don't laugh at me! everyone makes mistakes!" he whined looking down.

"im not laughing!" venus replied biting her lip.

luke rolled his eyes and turned a corner "there's my car" he announced and opened the door for venus first then going to the drivers seat.

"so where exactly are we going?" venus asked curiously.

luke smirked and winked, "its a secret." and turned on the car engine and started driving.