chapter 3

venus doesn't know wether time is going slow or their destination is far, but maybe she would make up her mind if luke wasn't driving so fucking slowly.

"hey um, luke, could you maybe drive a bit faster?"

"the speed limit is 60" he replied furrowing his eyebrows.

"you're driving at 50" she deadpanned.

"this car is brand new, i bought this with my hard earned money" luke whined.

"brand new?" venus snorted and raised her eyebrow, "this thing is nearly falling apart."

luke glanced at venus with a small smirk, "you seemed pretty eager to get in it earlier."

venus laughed loudly at that, "if by eager you mean scared shitless then yeah, sure."

luke pouted slightly and pressed a little on the pedal.

"freaking finally!" venus exclaimed putting both of her hands up. (like this emoji 🙌)

luke rolled his eyes but still smiled.

-

45 minutes later

venus looked out the window impatiently, "jesus christ luke, are we driving to another continent?"

luke chuckled, "were nearly there, don't get your panties in a twist."

venus sighed and turned off the radio which was playing a song about something about a bass.

"can i play my music?" she asked.

luke nodded but then quickly added in, "but no country music."

venus shivered, "god no, who do you think i am?" she plugged in her phone to the aux cord and a guitar strumming and shouting was heard, 'Sometimes you gotta bleed to know that you're alive and have a soul"  (IM ALWAYS A SLUT FOR UKULELE SCREAMO)

lukes head started bobbing to the beat, "damn, you have great music taste."

"thanks, i try." venus flipped her hair and grinned.

-

the car slowed to a stop in front of a fancy looking restaurant. venus looked through the window in awe, "didnt think you could afford this sort of thing." she commented.

luke put his hand on his chest and feigned a gasp, "that wounded me."

"don't blame me, mr bought a falling apart car with his hard earned money."

luke rolled his eyes and opened his door then got out, venus was about to open her door when luke slammed his door and rushed to venus' side.

"luke! dont do that or else this car will fall apart with me in it." venus exclaimed with wide eyes.

"well you shouldn't have tried to open the door by yourself then."  luke shot back.

"and why is that?" she narrowed her eyes.

"because im a gentleman and only i can open the door." luke replied putting his hand on the handle.

"i can open it perfectly fine without your help." venus held on to the arm rest to stop luke from opening the door.

"venus, just let me be a gentleman." luke slightly hissed. venus was glaring daggers at him and luke was glaring as hard at her too, if looks could kill then they'd both be dead.

venus sighed and let go, letting luke open up the door.

"was that so hard?" luke breathed out and put a hand to his hair, making it a little messy.

venus got out of the car and smoothed out her dress, luke shut the door behind her quietly and put up his hand, "m'lady."

"you are unbelievable." she rolled her eyes but still accepted his hand.

they walked to the restaurant, luke with a proud look on his face and venus was looking at the ground with a small secret smile.