Chapter 7

Author's Note: Dear reader, for a special reading experience during this chapter, I recommend listening to the song posted above.

_____________________________________________________

Laila's Dream:

"Is your family coming?" He asked me. His tone was somber, his hands placed on top of mine were trembling.

"No.." I responded as my voice broke. Trying to keep my tears from falling. He leaned into me and wiped one away with his thumb. I breathed in, attempting to keep my composure. "It doesn't matter. I know that this is right. Nothing and no one is going to separate us. I promise."

He stood me up from my seat, gently turned me towards him, and placed his forehead on mine. Our breathing is now in sync. I could hear the tremble in his voice."I promise you, I will always be here for you, always my love. I will never leave you. Even if the world falls apart around us, I will be here. We don't need anyone to validate that what we know is real. You are the most amazing thing to ever happen to me. I love you, Laila."

Tears began to flow and he pulled me in, embracing me. I was overwhelmed with feelings of tormenting pain and undertaken by an all-consuming love. He was my rock. We held on tightly to each other, healing, reassuring one another that which was real. This was forever.

____________________________________________________

Laila

I'm awakened abruptly by my alarm clock. I try to catch my breath, this dream was the most emotional, and palpable one I have ever experienced. Something was happening to me. I placed my hand on my chest and tears began to flow from my eyes. I started to feel overwhelmed, why do I have these dreams? Who is he? He felt so real, everything felt real, his touch, his words, my words. I can't see his face. I only ever see myself with him. I run to take a shower after looking at my clock.

As the water fell over me it became indistinguishable from my tears. My heart and mind were overwhelmed with emotions. I'm suffering a pain I don't remember. I can't remember. My mind won't let me see his face. I'm terrified that, I'm in love with a man I don't know and have never seen. He might not even be real, yet I'm heartbroken over the fact that he might be and that I can't be with him.

Almost ready to head out I grab my bag and keys that I left on my dinner table. Instantly I remembered I didn't have a car. "Crap!" I burst out. Now I'll surely be late. No use making a fuss, I just have to head out now.

Once outside I pull my phone out of the front pocket of my brown leather bag. I'm about to send a text to Tiana, to let her know I'm running late. I'm usually there by 6:30 am to help open for 7 am. I could get a cab but the morning rush will leave me waiting for too long, plus they are too expensive. Bus it is I tell myself.

"Good morning" A familiar voice jolted my ears. I popped my head up and to my surprise, Xavier was leaning on the side hood of his car. He was wearing a greyish navy blue suit paired with a matching vest and a white button-up shirt. He had Brown leather shoes and a dark burgundy tie. "I bought you an iced coffee, I'm sure it's not as good as the one from your shop, and I don't even know how you take it but I noticed you had an empty cup of iced coffee on your desk last night, so I.." He paused himself with a laugh, he looked so adorable trying to explain himself, I couldn't help but smile and extend my hand to accept the coffee.

"What are you doing here so early?" I asked him, still dumbfounded by his current presence in front of my building.

"Your car is at your shop, since I drove you home, I figured the least I could do was drive you back." He started walking to his car and I quickly followed behind him. He opened the passenger door, turned to face me, and signaled for me to get in with a smile.