Chapter 5 : No Knife May Hurt Me

A/N : I DO NOT OWN DURARARA OR ANY OF ITS CHARACTERS!

It's not Sunday.. Ik.. Ik..
Or maybe it is, idk
Time difference is a dick anyway..

People stares at me as I dash trough the so called sea of humans. It felt weird, but I can't stop even if I want to. It's almost like my feet just move on its own. 

My heartbeat was so strong, both from the running and from my worries. I'm pretty sure in some point it can burst out from my chest at anytime.

Why? Why is this happening?? This is insane! If only on that day I just walks away.. Heh.. What was I'm thinking again? 'Fate'? Yeah right.. 

---

You have no idea how relief I am when I arrive at my apartment building. But that thought was soon disappear after the horror that my eyes met inside my apartment.

Kasuka was lying there, trembling, as a raven figure stand on him. I can see the reflection of the light on the raven's knife that was just about to cut his throat.

It was Izaya, or should I say Kanra.

"What the fuck are you doing here?!!" He turned his head towards me, putting a big, crooked smile on his face. "Shizu-chan~" The raven cheer.

H-he.. How can he still talks like that? Does this guy just doesn't understand what guilts are? 

My mouth shut for a minute, probably because of fear. But my voice soon forced it open, "You're not answering my question!!" I shouted. His smile still intact, if not became even more creepier. 
"Hah.. Haha.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" 

That laugh again.. What the fuck?

"Shizu-chan just doesn't get it huh?"

"Me? Me?!! Nobody understands you!!!"

Suddenly, his sight lowers, as if he was thinking about something. Everything was silence and it almost like I can hear Kasuka's scared heart beat. Then his voice begans to rang again, "Is that so..? Then..."

"LET ME MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND!!"

And in that very second, times felt like it was going slow motion as he suddenly about to staph Kasuka's throat. Wait.. No.. No..! No!! NO!!!!

"NII-SAN!!!"

Kasuka's voice rang into my ears and the thought of what would happen next scares me the most.. He'd die in front of my eyes with an open throat as blood dirtied my floor. His eyes would be lifeless and my life would turn meaningless, knowing that I have failed in protecting my own brother..

But of course that isn't what happened.

His blade stops at just the right moment. It has cut through his first few layers of his skin but is nowhere close to his throat. Blood soon drips from the light scars onto the cheap wooden floor, causing me relief yet also fear.

"Nii.. San..?" Izaya said, slowly retreat his blade. His voice was rather confused instead of his usual twisted one. He then stood and turns so that his eyes met mine. "He's your brother?"

Before I was able to say anything, Kasuka gets up and ran through the entrance. I can barely see so much fear overwhelming inside his eyes. I wanted to follow him, to calm him down, but I can't just leave Izaya here.

When my gaze turns onto Izaya again, he had slowly walks backwards until his back met the wall as he slides to a sitting position. "Heh.. I thought Shizu-chan was cheating on me.. What a relief~" He put his hand onto his forehead and his voice was his twisted tone again.. What does he mean by cheating? We're not even dating for God sake! He's just.. He's..                                                         

"You're crazy"

Those 2 words that I've been thinking all the times now escaped my lips. And in that moment, his smile fades and he brought his eyes to me.  “Why do you care so much about me?”  I dare to ask.

“Honestly.. I don't know.." He brought his sight down, changing his tone again. This time, it is a low one. But I don’t care about that, I wanted my answer.

"How the fuck don't you know?!"
"I JUST DON'T!!!"

His sudden shocked me before he talks again, “I don’t know.. I love all humans.. All of them are beautiful! Unique! Their expression when in pain.. It’s just like an art~!! “

“.... “

“So why?”

“Why am I attracted to you the most? You’re just another human.. I should love you equally! Ever since I first met you it has always been like this.. When you suddenly leave, when you care more about someone else.. It feels hurts. There’s no scars on me and no knife have cut through.. So why?? What is this feeling? I-i.. I just don’t understand.. Why? WHY??!!!!”

Tears just keep flowing harder from his eyes as he burrows his face into his knees. Seeing that twisted confusion of his, it somehow makes my heart clench. I still hate him, he still caused anxiety for me, he still hurt Kasuka, he still killed people..  

And yet my feet kept moving towards him on its own. I stop in front of him and he looked up to me. His wet crimson eyes can perfectly reflects the light around us, somehow making it even more beautiful. I gulped and leaned down. What I do next might end badly. What I do next might just kill me. But..

I hugged him anyway.

My hand was on his back while the other one was ruffling his raven hair. “Shizu-chan..?” The raven asks a question I don’t even bother to answer. This guy.. Heh, “… You.. You’re behaving like a flea, dammit..” I must have lost my mind. Hugging and ‘mocking’ a psychopath.. I’d never have thought about doing that..  Yes,

He’s crazy..

He’s insane..!

He’s a psycopath for crying out loud!!

But then again..

He’s just a human.. Just like me

A/N : So.. This chapter didn’t turned out to be like what I planned

Actually, I wanted to killed Kasuka (Please don’t hate me)

But then the story would have a terribly BAD end.. I mean I like bitter sweet ending, but not everyone does.. So..

Maybe I’ll upload the original plan after the main story ends, which may or may not be in the next chapter^^

Until then.. Well.. Ja ne~~