Mission Start

[A/N: Their destination is finally in sight and this is where our prequel/side story ends. A promise is made, one Lumine and Ajax does not intend to break. I'll see you guys with Chilumi in 2022!! Oh enjoy the music I provided for the chapter.]

.......................................

There before them as they stood on the hill they could finally see the large imposing, impressive sight of the city of sages itself, the capital where Sumeru Academia was. She turned her gaze to where Aloy was carrying Ajax on her back. He looked so, so pale and in more agony then she could bare to see. But it only strengthened her resolve as Cyno guided them post haste down the hill and past the city's gates. Normally Lumine would love to explore this amazing place with its distinct earth and bright colorful hues. 

Cyno on occasion stopping to make sure they didn't fall behind before they hurried up a flight of stairs that shined in the morning light. However they had to be cautious due to their deathly ill charge being wanted by the Fatui for desertion. So Cyno had kept them to the shadows until finally they reached the back door of one of the buildings of an impressive mansion. "This way, quickly."

The girls hurried inside as Cyno looked around before following in after them. Slowing down a little but still going pretty quick in his pace he lead them to a door somewhere in the building's basement. He pulled out some kind of sigil and put it to the wall to the right of the door causing it to glow with faint symbols as the sound of stone grinding against stone screeched in their eas like nails on a chalkboard. Inside was a fully stocked laboratory that would make Albedo swoon in glee and library that would make Xingqiu giddy. 

"What is this place?"Aloy asked as they entered.

"This is my personal study and my dorm. Your friend will be safe here, just put him over there on the bed."Cyno informed pointing with the tip of his spear to the back of the room as he removed his cloak. Aloy with a huff adjusted Ajax as he had begun to slide off her back before going over to the black cedar bed with its soft Sumeru cotton sheets that were navy blue, black, and gold in color. Countless drapes of various dark hues and whites hung and fell from the ceiling around it along with a corner full of many bright colored tasseled pillows. A few brass or maybe it was gold? Lumine wasn't sure but they seemed to be of some kind of slender sight hound with long snouts just like Cyno's headpiece with teal and black collars. 

Carefully Aloy set him down and allowed Cyno to come over. "You girls might want to either turn around or cover your eyes. I need to see what I'm working with."

Aloy turned fifty shades of red as she with a flustered huff turned around and decided to check out the various scrolls and books. Lumine and Paimon let out a squeak before deciding to do the same thing Aloy was doing. For Lumine her flustered state was because her mind had wandered off to some more, er, impure corner as she remembered that night in Watatsumi Island. Which only made her get further embarrassed as she his her blushing face in a book on Sumeru's flora and fauna. 

Cyno meanwhile had stripped Ajax down even removing his old bandages to reveal the sites where the poison had been delivered. There was two sites of interest to the young student of the acadamia. The gash on his chest that had been expertly stitched up and the sight of a dendro bullet wound lower down towards the back. The wounds themselves held no infection, having been expertly and carefully tended to regularly. The vine like rashes twined and were covering much of the body and were threatening to slow consume it completely. "He uses Hydro correct?"he suddenly spoke up.

"Yes. But he also uses an electro Delusion."answered Lumine.

"Hm...not a lot of time at all. Double the elemental energies is double the trouble."muttered Cyno as he quickly reapplied some fresh bandages getting some spare night clothes he had lying around onto him. They were a bit small but was better then nothing at least as he tucked the poor ailing ginger into the warmth of the covers up to his chest. He then went over to a particular bookcase and started grabbing scrolls left and right. "Give me twenty four hours. I will find my friend and garner the supplies to cure him."