Chapter I

"I don't have much to offer, but I promise you can have the best of me."

- The Best Of Me

A smile crept up on the side of her lips as she read the passage. Nicholas Sparks was always one of her favorite authors, the way that he was able to convey the character's feelings to the readers had always captured her interest.

At some perspectives, they might find these kind of word combinations cliche. But to her it was moving, as if she was the one being told those words to, as if she was the one being loved by the main characters of the romantic novels she read.

Camila's eyes scanned the words carefully, reading it a few times before she tried to keep her squeals to herself, along with the imagination of someone saying sweet nothings to her.

"You seemed occupied." Dinah chuckled, teasing the brunette who was quickly removed the book from her gaze.

"Sorry." Camila apologized, closing it and paying full attention on Dinah.

"Why do schools have 5 days of classes and just two days of rest? It should be equal." Dinah stated, murmuring how unfair it is.

School is a place where you learn, admit it or not. Most knowledge and even life hacks we learn are gathered from the mentioned institution. But the thing is, it's not actually the school that's teaching us what we learned. Rather it's the people inside these very mentioned area.

There are only two things to categorize what we learn, and they go by the name right and wrong. But sometimes...it's the mistakes that helps us grow. Or maybe, they weren't mistakes, but a part of the journey along the way.

"What were you saying Chee?"

"I'm saying, have you finished that Precal assignment?" Dinah asked.

"I have, here." Camila replied, handing Dinah her paperwork.

"Nice." With that, the Polynesian quickly ran to her seat and copied the answers.

Dinah Jane Hansen, a 16 year old Polynesian, originally from Santa Ana, California. Dinah moved to Miami approximately 4 years ago. With her Father getting a much more decent job in the place, their family decided to move. Dinah was the eldest out of her six siblings.

She was 12 when she met Camila upon the enrollment for School. The Polynesian had accidentally bumped on the Latina while waiting for her Mother to finish filling up the paper records. Dinah was a curious girl, and asked Camila what her mother was saying to her in another language, to which Camila confirmed as Spanish, and just a little reminder.

"You literally reminded me about this last night, why are you even copying my homework?" Camila asked, glancing at her best friend.

Dinah looked up to her with a sheepish grin before looking back on the paper she was trying to copy. Camila could only sigh and shake her head. Aside from Dinah, she had no other really close friends in the school.

Karla Camila Cabello Estrabao, or likely known as Camila Cabello by her school. Camila is known for her fluency in Spanish, earning an easy A+ on her grades every time. In fact, sometimes their teacher would ask for her correction. Camila was the smart introverted girl in school.

She wasn't a nerd, nor is being bullied. But she wasn't popular, or a bully either. She was just the Cuban-Mexican-American girl who was always kind enough to everybody. That's just how she was raised.

"Hey Mila."

Camila didn't have to look up to know who the talker was.

"Aust."