Chapter 1 - You Are! In No Way! Romantic!

"Hey Sawamura?" a girl in the second year pitcher's class called. "Do you consider yourself romantic?"

Eijun looked up from the manga he had borrowed from the girl now at his desk, "What do you mean?"

"You're always borrowing my shojo manga, so at this point you must know what girls like to hear, right?"

"Hmmm... well would you say I'm romantic?" He asked, loud enough for the class to hear.

Her friend at her side blushed a bit at his embarrassing question, and an audible smack was heard from Kanemaru hitting his head against his desk. Another girl from across the room spoke up instead.

"If I had to pick someone to call romantic, I'd probably say Miyuki from class 3B."

That comment made Sawamura jump up in angered shock, an offended shriek escaping his lips. He spun to glare at the girl, "That jerk is nothing but an annoying loudmouth who refuses to catch for me!"

Kanemaru sighed, "No Sawamura, I think he's only like that with you. And I think you're the real loudmouth."

The boy made another offended squawk, turning his neck sharply towards Shinji, but nothing other than stammering and odd sounds came out of his mouth.

"Sawamura sit down, class is stating." The teacher sighed as she walked into the classroom.

Eijun plopped back down in his chair and rested his head on his desk, making it clear the conversation would not go unforgotten.

"MIYUKI KAZUYA YOU JERK!" Sawamura stomped onto the practice field, loud as usual. A few of the first years turned their heads, everyone else not giving him the time of day. Miyuki, who had been putting on his catching gear, ignored the yelling boy. Waiting 'till the pitcher was directly behind him before turning around.

Happy to have been acknowledged, Sawamura huffed, and Miyuki prepared himself for an earful.

"You are! In no way! Romantic!" Sawamura softly jabbed a finger to the older boy's chest.

A confused smirk appeared on Kazuya's face, the action only fueled the pitcher's rage. Regardless, he decided to play along.

"Pretty sure you're the only one who thinks that." Miyuki said slyly, putting on a more confident smile.

"Nope nope! I won't believe it! Anyone can be more romantic than you!" Eijun grabbed the senpai's shirt collar, and shook him a bit.

"Kyaha! Are you suggesting that you're more romantic than him Sawamura?" Kuramochi, who had picked up on the conversation from afar, interjected.

"Yes!" The boy huffed, releasing Kazuya's shirt.

Miyuki rolled his eyes, going back to adjusting his gear, "So that's what this is about."

"Miyuki Kazuya! This conversation is nowhere near over!"

"That's nice, but we have practice right now," he stood up, putting on his captain face. "We'll discuss this later."

Sawamura nodded, for once in agreement with the catcher.

Immediately after the coach wraps up practice, Eijun stomped over to where Miyuki had been standing.

"You have no idea how ridiculous your face looks right now," Kazuya snickered, he stood his ground as Sawamura's glaring face got increasingly closer. "But let's talk honestly. I definitely can't imagine you being all lovey-dovey with someone."

Eijun's expression somehow got funnier, and Miyuki had to hold back his laughter.

"YEAH RIGHT I CAN BE ROMANTIC! I'LL SHOW YOU!" Miyuki couldn't take it anymore. He burst out in laughter. Eijun's face scrunched up, and Miyuki hunched over, practically out of breath.

"You two should make this a competition," Yoichi commented as he placed his practice bat back with the rest. "It would be entertaining for the rest of us at least."

"That's a great idea Kuramochi-senpai! But I bet Miyuki thinks he's too good for that." The boy glared at Kazuya, who finally managed to stand straight.

"No no, I accept. What are the rules?" The older boy slung his arm around Eijun's soulder.

The three of them thought for a moment. A small gust of wind blew across the field. Noticing they were the only ones left outside, Kuramochi spoke up.

"Let's think while we walk back." The other two nodded.

"In two weeks we'll know which one of us is more romantic!"

"Two weeks? Isn't that kinda long-"

"And Kuramochi will be the judge!"

"Oi I never said I wanted to be a part of this..."

"Wait- but I don't get how this is going to wor-"

"YOU VERSUS ME MIYUKI KAZUYA!"

"Will you stop cutting me off already!?" Miyuki crossed his arms and took a seat on the chair in Kuramochi/Sawamura's dorm. Sawamura threw himself onto his bed and stayed quiet. "How are we going to compete to begin with?"

"Against each other. How else!?" Sawamura said, as if the answer was obvious.

The two third years sighed, "Yes but how exactly? Are we bringing someone else into this? I don't think anyone would agree especially if it's for two weeks."

"Huh? No we are competing against each other, that way the other person will know that they lost." Eijun sat up, looking annoyed by how much he's explained.

"Are you saying you'll be romantic to each other..?" Kuramochi asked. He hoped the answer wasn't what he thought it'd be.

"Well duh."

The exact answer Kazuya didn't want. The boys stared at Sawamura for a few seconds, and wondered if they had heard correctly.

"Let's officially start tomorrow morning. That'll give us time to come up with ideas."

Well shit! Kazuya thought. Guess this is really happening...

After waking up on a Saturday morning, Miyuki started a routine of buying coffee from the vending machine beside the dorms. Sipping it slowly as he goes for a short walk around the practice fields to give himself time to wake up. But a certain idiot had different plans.

Miyuki peacefully walked around the field, appreciating the quiet, since he knew the day wouldn't be the most relaxing. But the sound of loud, quick, footsteps interrupted the silence.

"Hey Miyuki! Notice anything!?"

The sound of Sawamura's voice definitely wasn't what Kazuya wanted to hear first thing in the morning.

He sighed loudly, turning to look at the boy running behind him, "What do you want Sawamura?"

When Eijun reached his side, he grinned widely, looking way too pleased with himself. His left hand was closed around a white shirt. He's definitely up to something... Kazuya thought. And he was more than right.

Sawamura shoved the shirt into Miyuki's arms, and swiftly turned around to show his back.

"Haha! This is romantic right!?"

The big #2 in black font on the jersey he was wearing was hard to miss.

Kazuya opened his mouth to comment, but instead fumbled with the shirt the boy had handed to him. He lifted it up in front of him.

"You have to be kidding me..."

AN- If y'all are interested I'll keep posting here. Full story is already posted on Ao3 under the same title. Thank you for reading!!