Chapter 2

The next morning after the hurricane I was knocked out in my bed, John B came in to wake me up. "Hey, wake up. The hurricane took out our power." He told me, I groaned and turned over in my sheets, he went off and I heard him try to wake up JJ who was probably on the pullout, no doubt he ditched his house.

"Yo, JJ, you been outside?" He questioned, I sat up in bed and grabbed my phone, checking the time. Then just as I assumed, there was no service.

"I have polio bro, I can't walk." JJ responded groggily, I was already up and headed out the door, curious as to what happened, I stretched and yawned, watching John B make his way around.

"Aw man. Damn." John B was saying, not super annoyed but mildy irked. JJ walked out a minute later and smacked my butt as he walked down the stairs, I was still wearing my bathing suit, just with a big shirt over it. I grabbed the nearest thing at threw it at him.

"Don't touch my ass, J." I tell him, he shrugged it off, sitting on the bottom step, drinking a beer, we watched John B pull different branches and shit out of the boat.

"Agatha did some work didn't she." JJ says.

"Yeah, she did." He sighs, thunder rumbled in the distance.

"Whatcha thinkin'?" I ask him from the porch, JJ got up to walk up to him.

"I'm thinkin' that storm surge pushed all the crabs out on the marsh maze. All those drum are gonna chase the crab." He says, looking over at me while he got in the boat and cleaned it out.

"What about the DCS? Wasn't that today?" I ask him.

"Nah, they're not gettin' on a ferry." He says. "Come on, think about it N/N. It's god telling us to fish." He concludes, looking at JJ.

"Shit, I'm down." He says.

We got the boat out on the water and then went to get dressed, still, we brought suits just in case. I sat in the boat while John B drove and JJ waved to people.

"Uh, good mornin'!" John B shouted, waving while we went past boats.

"Sure hope Guffy's boat didn't sink." JJ says. "He doesn't have insurance."

"Yeah." I yawn, John B nodded.

"Hi, Miss Amy! You guys get through it?" John B asks.

"Still here." Came a response, the teenager looked at JJ and I rolled my eyes, knowing was was coming.

"Hehe, she totally looked at me." JJ says.

"I saw it." I sighed to him.

"Dudes, look at this place." John B says, JJ whistles.

"Agatha, what did you do?"

"She is a crazy lady."

"Damn, this is a mess." I say, sitting up to look at all the debris.

"Hurricane surge."

"Yeah."

"We'll be cleaning this all summer." JJ says.

"That is my nightmare." I grumble.

"Well, look who we have here." John B says, JJ whoops as we drove up to Pope.

"Heyy~" I call to him. Pope looks over and John B cups his mouth and puts his radio voice on.

"We have a safety meeting. Attendance mandatory." He says, mimicking static.

"I can't. My pops got me on lockdown." He says.

"Come on, man." JJ says and mimics static. "Your dads a pussy. Over." He says, mimicking more static before and after.