Chapter 6

The rest of the group went home, meanwhile I went to bed, John B stayed in the hammock and checked out the compass. I sighed when I got a text notification from my phone the next morning, it was JJ.

'Can we have an actual conversation about this'
'You're so confusing'

I grumbled. I couldn't tell him that John doesn't want me talking to him, they're best friends and it would be weird.

'If you're gonna ignore me forever then I want to tell you something'

I opened my phone and laid back in my bed.

'JJ, I'm not trying to ignore you'

I waited for a reply, he seemed agitated, the dots would appear and disappear like he was trying to figure out what to say.

'Then why won't you even look at me recently'
'Is it because of the gun?'
'Look, I'm sorry but what was I supposed to do.'

I sighed and got up, walking out to find John B, "Johnny!" I called out to him, then walked over to the hammock. "John B, we have to talk about JJ."

"No." He sighed, turning over onto his stomach.

"Um, yeah. 'Cause this is irritating, he's obviously worried, so you better talk to him or else I fucking will."

"But-"

"Ah! Don't test me! I will tell him everything!" I shouted to him as I went back inside. I went back to my room and fell back onto my bed. Yesterday was unbearable. Not only did I have to yell at him, but then when we were being chased, he was literally on top of me and his face was down in my neck because he had to duck his head. My heart started racing the more I thought about it, it hurt to shut him out.

Later in the morning, I woke back up to banging on the front door. "DCS! I know you're in there!" I heard, it was JJ's voice though. I sighed and got up, walking to the door, John B was waking up on the couch, then suddenly JJ hopped by the window and scared the shit out of both me and my cousin. "Gotcha slick!" He said, laughing hard. "You should have seen your face, your face was like.." he kept laughing. I sighed, walking over and opened the door, he came stumbling right in, pointing at John B, I glanced at him and he groaned.

"Later."

JJ caught his breath and tilted his head, "what?"

"Ah.. nothing." He replied to him. JJ walked past me and to the kitchen for water, I whispered quietly to John B and again he said he would talk to JJ later. He walked up behind me and snaked his arms around my waist.

"Good morning to you too, lovely."

"Ugh! JJ, get off." I told him, his face fell, only slightly before he started up his giggly morning self again.

After I changed, we went out in the van. "I'm just saying, I don't understand why you don't at least try with Kiara." JJ says to John B. "She clearly likes you. She's like, 'oh, John B~'." he moaned out.

"Is that what she does?" He asked sarcastically.

"She's sketching about you diving and then she kissed you, bro!"

"She kissed me on the cheek. It's not like we were makin' out or something."

"Low-hanging fruit bro. Don't pretend you don't notice."

"What like how I notice with you?"

"Hey, we don't talk about that. That's not the point here. I see it in your eyes with Kie, you're like, 'I kinda like that,' and then you start blushing and shit." JJ tells him.

"I blush?"

"Yeah."

"You blush." I told him honestly from the back seat.