Chapter 10

From this moment you decided you would not think about him anymore. You would not think about...

"Dean" you breathed out once opening the door, eyes locking with forest green ones.

So much for not thinking about him...

An almost surprised look flashed through his eyes but it was soon replaced by a different one. One that people usually had when they saw a loved one after a long time of being apart.

'I'm not a loved one damn it' you thought angrily to yourself. You felt angry with yourself that even at the sight of him, your hopes got up.

"Hey" he all-but-whispered, voice somewhat rough and eyes looking at you with softness, an almost invisible smile on his face.

"Hi" you said in an equal voice tone.

Silence followed after that. The beating of your heart was the only thing you could hear. It was so fast and loud that you feared that he would be able to hear it too. The silence was of course soon broken by Sam.

"Hey Dean, finally man! Thought you weren't going to come in the end" Sam said with a chuckle and you opened the door more for Dean to come in; not leaving each other's eyes no matter what.

"Yeah, told you I wasn't going to miss it" Dean said looking at his brother for a split second and then back at you.

You swallowed the lump in your throat, licking your lips that suddenly felt really dry. The sound of your heartbeat pounding in your head. You tried to look away from his eyes but, yet, you felt yourself being pulled to them like magnet. You could not look anywhere else but him. You could not think about anything else but him. Damn, it was just a few minutes that he had come into the same room with you and you felt yourself going over the edge already. You could not deny to yourself how much you had missed being this close to him, acting like normal people with no boundaries between them, no teacher-student relationship separating them. 

"Well then-" Sam's voice broke your trail of thoughts "- Don't worry, we're going to make you have a great night and you will surely get your mind off those problems you're having" Sam said, clapping his brother on the shoulder.

Dean chuckled "Already feel better" he said in a low rough voice, eyes fixated on you.

You could not help but smile at him, no matter how much you wanted to put distance between the two of you; build some sort of wall that would separate you, he always found a way to get to you. No matter what.

Sam smirked knowingly at his brother, happy to see Dean like this - in love with somebody, true love (though Dean was never going to admit it openly).

"Wait to taste (Y/n)'s pie! Meredith's told me she's the best at it!" Sam said grinning and you tucked your head down.

"It's not much, really" you said with a small, shy smile; scratching the back of your neck.

"Oh we'll see! I will be the one to say that!" Dean said grinning "I have eaten many pies in my life, with Sam's being the worst of all! So, believe me, no matter how bad you think it is- I can tell you for sure that it will be like a pie out of heaven compared to Sammy's!" Dean added and you giggled.

"Hey! I did my best, ok?!" Sam said shooting him a bitch-face.

"Yeah, tell that to that poor dog of yours that was sick for an entire week after eating it!" Dean said matter-of-factly.

"My dog? Wait, you fed my dog the pie I made for you? You didn't eat the whole of it?!" Sam asked.

"Like hell was going to eat all of that thing!" Dean stated and Sam shook his head.