six

╔════•| ✿ |•════╗

╔════•| ✿ |•════╗

chapter six

╚════•| ✿ |•════╝

DAHLIA HAD somehow persuaded you to practice some fighting techniques. It was late afternoon—almost dinner in Sankori. 

During this time in the day most villagers were active, wandering the streets and around the hall; as you could see—and hear many people in the distance, as well as the sound of metal being sharpened by the blacksmith.

The two of you soon approached a large training area. It looked like it was in pretty good shape?—The cobblestone walls were carved to create a circle, as there were thick metal bars overtop. It was a pretty big space, and you wondered if they would have big fights in this arena.

You follow her to a wall where there are many different weapons lined up. They were rusty and had definitely already been used.

"Since you're new to this I suggest you use this." She says, before grabbing a sword out of the metal loop it was secured to━resulting it to make a slight clang and handing it to you. It wasn't crazy big━but you had to admit it was heavier than you expected.

You grip the sword in your hands, tightly wrapping your fingers around the dirt covered handle as you intertwine your fingers with your other hand to hold it more securely.

Dahlia had moved back so now the two of you were now a good distance apart as she unshealths her own sword and looks at you sternly━almost like she would charge towards you any second.

"Okay.." you breathe━"please don't kill me" You plead, slight playfulness hanging on your words. Dahlia continues to stare at you,

"(Y/N) I'm not going to kill you." She laughs.

"But I don't want to hurt you either-" You say quickly, before any action could happen. Anything could go wrong━especially because you didn't know how to fight with any weapon at all.

"Oh, so now you think you're going to beat me. Nope, not happening." She remarks,

"I mean━ I could.." You admit, as a small smile crosses your face mischievously. "Miracles can happen."

"Not if you're holding the sword like that." Dahlia points out, a smirk plastered across her face. You feel your face beginning to feel hot as you look down at your hand placement. Your hands were intertwined as the sword's handle was securely in between. When you look at Dahlia's━her right hand is placed above her left, as she stood with her right leg in front of the other, ready to fight.

Quickly, you fumble your hands to the right placement like Dahlia's.

"Oh, and you'll need this," she adds, walking over to the weapons one again and handing a wooden shield over to you. It was difficult to hold both, but you could make due.