pivot

"Fucking pivot, bro!" Jenna and I jump as a muffled shout comes from outside the door of our apartment as we sit at our kitchen table enjoying our first day of summer break

Finals had been a bitch, but I had done well so I was going to enjoy every moment of the time before school started back up again.

"The hell?" Jenna stands with her coffee cup in hand and heads for the door. She sticks her head out to see what is going on. Her eyes widen as she looks down the hall and she quickly slams the door shut, leaning against it. "No fucking way."

"What?" I stand up quickly, concerned about what would cause her to have that reaction.

"Well, we are finally getting new neighbors across the hall."

The apartment across from us had been empty for a couple of months now. Our landlord had told us that he thought he had new tenants coming in, so I don't understand why she's so surprised. I motion for her to move away from the door and open it myself to peek outside.

Just in time to see Grayson and Daxon walking their couch into their new apartment.

No fucking way.

"Did you buy the heaviest damn couch they had?" Dax grunts as we set the grey sectional down at an angle in the living room

"Yes, I specifically asked them to give me the one that would make my brother bitch the most when we moved in." I flip him off as I head back to the door to grab more stuff.

As soon as I step out into the hall, I'm stopped dead in my tracks by a very confused looking Liv. Quickly looking her up and down, I grin at her morning look. She's standing in front of me bare foot, with red painted toes, tight black shorts hugging every curve, an oversize white hoodie, black framed glasses resting on her makeup free face and a messy bun haphazardly laying on top of her head. She's fucking gorgeous.

"Good morning, Queen. Long time no see." I'd seen her last night. And at least twice a week for the past two months. I guess being friends with Aaron's crew had its perks.