Episode 3: Secrets Shared

"Secrets could never be rushed. They had to come of their own accord, on their own schedule. That way, when they came , they offered themselves as a gift."

Donna Jo Napoli,

"Eliza?" Kara questioned as she lifted the large crate, the front stamped with the logo of Wayne Technologies.

"That one goes in the downstairs treatment room," Eliza called out from around the corner. "Be careful, Barbara will be here shortly to install the computer stuff in the office."

"There are just two more big ones," Kara called out as she headed down the stairs.

As the large swinging doors closed downstairs, Alex and Lucy walked through the open front door of the new Jeremiah Danvers Free Clinic. "Hey mom!" The older Danvers sibling called out, peeking through each doorway as she walked down the hallway.

Downstairs, Kara almost dropped the crate she was holding as her sister's voice washed over her. 'Oh goody,' she thought to herself.

"A-Alex, I didn't expect..." Eliza choked on the water she was drinking.

"Kara is here?" Alex huffed. It had been almost a week and they still hadn't spoken. "Anything we can do to help?"

"We?" Eliza asked.

"Hey Eliza," Lucy smiled from behind the door frame.

"Lucy," Eliza's smile grew, and her eyes flicked back and forth between the two women, noticing a slight blush on both sets of cheeks. "If you would like, you could help Alex set up exam rooms one and two."

"Yes, ma'am," Lucy smiled back. "Which way?"

"Down the hall, the two rooms past the closed door," Kara whispered, watching in delight as Lucy jumped.

"Dammit, Kara!" Lucy laughed. "Wear a bell--or something..." She turned and was caught up in a hug from the blonde Kryptonian.

The two women pulled apart and Alex stepped forward, "Kara?"

Kara's voice turned flat, "hello, Alex." She turned and headed back to the front room and grabbed the last two crates. She marched past the room with her mother and sister in it and headed down the steps...

>>>

Lucy watched Alex and nodded slightly to Eliza as she headed down the hallway, "just like the clinic in Midvale, Mrs. D.?"

"Yes, Lucy," Eliza yelled back. "Thank you!"

Alex started to move forward, but her mother grabbed her by the arm, stopping her momentum and swinging her around. "What?" Alex asked, her voice devoid of emotion, eyes watery and filled with sadness.

"We need to talk," Eliza ordered. "About a few things."

Alex reacted to Eliza's stern tone and dropped her head, allowing Eliza to guide them to the small apartment above the clinic.

Downstairs, Kara sat down on one of the crates, tuning her hearing to listen in on her sister and mother.

>>>

A convoy of military trucks entered National City and headed east, towards an abandoned military installation just a few miles from the DEO's underground base of operations.

On a rooftop two blocks into their route, computerized cameras built and perfected by Barbara Gordon identified them. The Oracle AI tracked and cross-checked to military operations, discovering that there were no orders of any kind for any movements or drills in National City. A message was sent to Barbara's phone, computer and the information was shared with Bruce Wayne's AI in Gotham.