1 - fresh beginings

Artemis's POV

"Dad! Please stop! It's paining!"
I was being abused or should I be more clear, being beat with a belt.
"Stop shouting you little bitch, I told you not to take her out, but did you listen to me? Now this is what you deserve"
Phoeba was in the corner crying her eyes out. I took her to the mall after she pleaded me with her puppy eyes. She knew I couldn't resist her. But I don't blame her, she is a little kid after all. She deserves some happiness.
Suddenly Phoeba was shivering as hell. I think she is having a panic attack, oh no!
"Phoeba! Phoeba! Breathe In ..... Out.... In ...... Out"
Seeing her like this, I couldn't just lie down there so I slowly crawled to her side.
"Stop right there, hoe! Let the little shit die today!"
I swear one day I'll kill this man.
I looked at Wade, who was already near Phoeba telling her to breathe, I was relieved at least he was there for her.
I think me and my world has gone through enough, I've already saved a good sum of dollars till now by working and I have received a fair amount of share from the wealth that my parents owned today as I turned 18. I'm thinking of running away with the kids.

I think the time has come.
As I was lost, I felt a sudden pain in my cheeks, "aaaahh" "fuck"
"I'm so done with you old man"
Saying this I signaled Wade to take the bag and take Phoeba with him to the front yard. He understood what I said and left. Now let me take my anger out on this old hag.
" You! Little bit-"
I cut him off, he has no right to speak.
"Shut up! You have no right to speak after what you have done to us! Did u ever think how I would have felt when my own fucking dad, who is supposed to support and save me, hits me with a freaking belt. I always thought you missed mom so you tried to stop your misery through hitting me but no! You were a monster whose bad side was hidden and now after she left you show your true colors! I'm ashamed to even think of you as my father, Donald Fucking Hunt"

He was shocked at the fact I knew his actual name, he was a coward using my mother's last name, just to keep the property in his name.
"H-ho-how did you find?"
Finally he managed to ask me
"How? Are you stupid Donald? Do you really think I would be miss goody two shoes when you were doing nothing but hurting me so badly"
I got so angry that I couldn't stop myself from throwing a punch on his face.
"You deserve it asshole!"
Saying this I couldn't take it anymore, I came running out of the house that was once peaceful and happy. Lovely and lovely.

Coming out I saw, Phoeba and Wade waiting for me.
"Let's hurry!"
I soon ran to the car that parked in the 2nd Street and picked Phoeba and Wade. If you're wondering how I got this car, I bought it as a secondhand from one of my colleague.

I had no where to go, but now as I turned 18 today I can take custody of the kids. I was waiting for this until now, just to runaway.
I think we'll sleep in car today.

I drove as fast as I could, I wanted to leave this city as soon as possible.
"Everything will be alright"
Phoeba said with a pale smile.
"Yes" Wade agreed with her. He never agreed with her, guess it's the situation we're in, changed him.
"I'll find a place to sleep tomorrow sugarcheeks"
"I love you Jane!"
"I love you too babies"
Wade stayed silent the whole ride, I saw him sigh in relief when he saw that we reached Melbourne. I felt relieved too because he can't find us in such a big city. Hope we also can live a happy life just like other kids.

Next day~

I didn't know whom to contact, but I finally found a poster in a cafe, stating houses for rent after I called them, I asked them for a big house, and that to not for rent but to buy it. They said it's about 10 mins away from the city. So far I like the house so much and it costs bit less too so I think I'll buy it. The house was well furnished and had 2 large bedroom that had walk in closet rooms, 3 small bedrooms, every room had a toilet attached in it too. The hall was pretty spacious and had matte black L - shaped sofa, a glass teatable and a large black carpet, the kitchen was modernised with utensils, the house also had a small stock room, drawing room, play room.
For safety there is surveillance camera outside and there is password security at gate.

I think this house is pretty good for us. I finally decided to buy it.

After 3 hours, all he paperworks were done and this house was ours. Now I have to take of my wounds that were left untouched. The kids were both sleeping in one of the master bedrooms they claim as theirs.
Finally I'll take a good long shower.
--------------------------------------------------
Do you think her life would go smooth after this?

Of course yes! It will go as smooth as vanilla cream on cake.
(Note the sarcasm)

-Inica💕