Chapter 34

Dahyun's POV

Jisung, Wooyoung, Lia, Seonghwa, Seungmin, Hongjoong and I were in the park where Minho and I used to go after school finishes. We just spotted Minho laying in the middle of the road; we were screaming at him from a distance but he didn't respond. It just caused us panicking, nearly being hopeless from doing anything to stop him.

But you know what?

I'm not gonna let him die like this.

"MINHO!" I shouted and ran towards the road, risking myself to save Minho.

As I helped him to stand up in the middle of the road...

The car was coming right towards us...

Both of us.

One said that you can't change a scene...but you can change the actor.

Right now, I'm the actor.

I pushed Minho on the other side of the road away from the middle of it, right before the car could strike him.

Yet I fell down in the middle of the road and heard the car's screeching brakes...

"DAHYUN!" I could hear Minho's panicking scream.

Miraculously...

The car stopped right before hitting me, now I'm laying next to the wheels.

I took some scrapes and cuts that were minor, but painful. The pain, however, meant nothing to me as I carefully got out from under the car.

I then spotted a weeping Minho laying on the ground, rushed towards him and held him in my arms.

As I cried uncontrollably, I screamed in agony as I asked him,

"MINHO?! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! YOU SCARED US HALF TO DEATH!"

I heard Minho sobbing uncontrollably and slapped my shoulders while he ranted,

"WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS TO ME?! I WAS THE ONE TO TAKE THE PUNISHMENT, NOT YOU! YOU DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG, DAHYUN! IT'S ME WHO SHOULD BE PUNISHED BY MYSELF! I WAS ABOUT TO END MYSELF BUT YOU NEARLY TOOK MY PLACE! YOU KNOW HOW SCARED I AM WHEN I SAW YOU NEARLY BEING KILLED BY THE DAMN CAR?! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?! YOU ALREADY KNOW IT'S ALL MY FAULT, WHY?!"

"Because it was never your fault! Despite your mistakes, you didn't cause people to be kidnapped or hurt!" I screamed, trying to get him to see he didn't do wrong.

"Gae-nyun and Hailey used an opportunity! They waited until Kristen was alone and abducted her! You don't deserve to die! Nobody does! So please, for me. PLEASE DON'T DIE AND LEAVE ME ALONE! I LOVE YOU, LEE MINHO!"

Minho couldn't answer anything, but continued to sob and hugged me tightly in his arms.

"I'm so sorry, Dahyun. I have loved you since I first saw you." He confessed to me through sobs. "I love you too, Dahyun."

"OH, MINHO! Please don't ever do this to me or our friends again!" I begged him with tears as I held him tighter.

Then, out of nowhere, I gave him a passionate kiss on the lips and he responded immediately. This kiss was different from the ones I gave him playfully.

This kiss had a special meaning between us.

A kiss of reassurance, forgiveness, comfort, and love.

Just then, after we broke apart from the kiss, we noticed more police cars stopped around the car that almost killed me and Minho.

When we got a closer look at the car in question, we noticed it was the stolen police car Tzuyu said Changbin told us about that was being driven by Gae-nyun and Hailey.