chapter 11

Vicky ki Dholak

All the four cousins return with icecream in their hands as they enter the tv lounge to find everyone seated with frustrated faces except sajjo. As the four of them search for the reason of everyone's frustration, their eyes land on three unknown faces seated next to sajjo who was excitedly talking to one of them.

Basim and Bela gave eachother questioning looks, Esha went to her room avoiding the chaos because she was already very tired, Vicky's phone started to ring and he turned back and went outside to answer. Upon seeing this Basim took a step towards his room as well, when Bela shot him a deathly glare. Basim stopped and shot her 'kya hai' look. As Bela and basim were talking with their eyes, Ashiq hussain calls them out "Bela Basim au puttar , apni sajjo mami ki best friend ko tou milo'

Basim sighs and says salam. Bela smiles tiredly , says salam and sits with the daughter of Shakeela javed (sajjos bestie) Laila javed and then notices that the girl is staring at basim. Bela than coughs to make her know of her presence and shakes hands with her. Laila after shaking hands with Bela continues to stare at basim, who is trying to get out and go to his room to sleep.

Bela gets annoyed at this behaviour of Laila and starts a conversation with the kid seated next to her called daanyal javed, brother of laila, who's only fourteen & an extremely naughty kid. Basim takes his chance and goes to his room.

It had been an hour & most of the family members had left leaving only the ladies with the guests.

Shakeela: actually sajjo darling , javed was very busy in his kaam because you know he has call from austrailia.

Sajjo thinks: te haur teri te factoriyan lagi haigi , hai te sialkot wich hi rendi hai te tor vekho aina day

Laila starts a convo with Bela: apke kitne cousins hain ?

Bela: bus hum 4 hi cousins hain, Esha , Vicky aur Basim.

Laila: acha ye jo abhi ayay thay ye Vicky hain?

Bela: nahi ye Basim thay.

Laila: acha ye kin ke bete hain?

Bela points to khala Ami who's looking at flower decor for the dholki : khala ami ke.

Laila says acha and starts to go to khala ami, leaving a surprised Bela behind. In a few minutes both khala ami and laila are laughing. Bela gets angry and leaves to go to her room to finally get some rest.

Bela enters the room to find Basim using his phone while laying on the bed.

Bela shoots him a disgusted look, lays on the bed, covers herself with the comforter. Basim gets a little surprised with this reacfion of Bela and removes the comforter from her face quickly

Basim: ab kya howa ?

Bela: kuch nahi, thak gayi hun , thori dair soun gi ap mujhe utha dain gay kuch dair tak ?

Basim's mouth hangs open at her calling him 'ap'

Basim: ye tum mujhe ap kabse kehne lag gayi ?

Bela: nahi wo asal mai, laila nahi hai , pichle 1.5 ghnte se apke mera matlab tumhare barey mai baat kar rahi hai ap ap keh ke , ab acha tou nahi lagta na ke mai mehmanun ke samne apne shohar ko tum tum bolun? isi liye char gya zuban pe

Basim: laila hai konnn?

Bela: yaar wo sajjo mami ki bestfriend ki beti , jo lounge mai bethe thay

Basim: achaa, chalo kisi ne tou tumhe shohar wali tameez sikha di

Bela turns towards basim with an annoyed expression : acha bus

Basim laughs

After 3 minutes

Bela pushes basim slightly

Basim: kya hai ?

Bela angrily : sari neend bhaga di meri

Basim: achi baat hai , kitni fresh lag rahi ho dekho, wese bhi abhi a jayay ga koi bulane ke ashiq hussain saab bula rahe hain .

Bela tiredly sighs & goes to the closet to select a dress

After just 10 minutes the whole bed is filled with wedding dresses , and bela throws the last one on basim because there's no place left.

Basim gets up : KYA HAI YAAR

Bela: mujhe samjh nahi a rha kya pehnun *says annoyed*

Basim: kuch bhi pehen lo, tumhari shaadi thori na hai

Bela: han mujhe dobara karni bhi nahi hai , eik sambhali nahi ja rahi

Basim makes an annoyed expression.

Basim: acha dikhao madad karaon tumhari

Bela smiles and starts showing him options.

Basim: ye green wala pehen lo

Bela: ye? lekin ye bohat simple nahi hai?

Basim: nahi, acha lagega tumpe

Bela: mere pe tou wese hi sab acha lagta hai

Basim: wah begum sahiba apke shashke

Bela smiles and leaves to change.
_________________________________

Basim himself has put on a plain black shalwar kameez and his now fixing his hair in the mirror when Bela comes , all dolled up in the bottle green velvet suit with a heavy golden dupatta to go with it.

Basim saw her reflection in the mirror and quickly turned around to get a better look. A confused Bela is standing.

Bela: basimm , theek tou lag rahi hun na

Basim: Kasam se Bohat pyaari lag rahi ho

Bela smiles shyly

Basim: acha ab baad mai sharma lena hum late ho rahe hain
Says and drags her out of the room

They have arranged the dholak function in the lawn

(Its december btw so its cold)

Basim is checking the arrangements while Bela is checking the stage decor nearby, as laila comes upto Basim and starts a convo with him.

Bela can see them both laughing on something as basim gives shakoora instructions in thjs jealousy and anger , without looking at the stairs she starts to come down and slips, the only words that come out of her mouth are 'Basim!!'.

Basim was looking at Bela when she was going to come down fhe stage and upon seeing her slip catches her.

Basim: kya kar rahi ho? dekh ke chalo !

Bela stands properly fixing her dupatta and hair

Bela: tumhe kya hai
Says & leaves

Basim stands there confused as laila comes upto him and starts a conversation again.

            <------------------------>
_________________________________

Uh Oh bela is getting jealous 😂

How did you guys like the chapter ?

Will update the next very soon , stay tuned and leave suggestions 😉
Love.