Chapter 13

Valarie's pov
While I was still the smartest girl in the school I did change my appearance,though my grades were still very good it didn't really hurt to change up my attitude a bit.i had by now gotten used to the smell of cigarettes and alcohol,I tried to drink alcohol once but I really hated the taste of it(this happened again when I tried to smoke a cigarette,I thankfully didn't get addicted).i felt like I was a brand new person,but at the same time I felt like I was still same old nerdy Valarie.i still always read books whenever ace hung out with the cobras,but now I was a completely different person than I was before.instead of being shy and timid I was now confident and sassy,which felt great.

Ace and I confidently held hands as we walked down the hall,establishing to people that we were indeed a couple.i saw Cherry and Scott,I rolled my eyes as we passed by them.they both seemed shocked,but if I'm gonna be honest:I liked this new me.i felt so confident with this new me,and Ace liked this new me:a lot.before,we would have sex at either his house or secretly behind some broke down cars in the junkyard.now:we were doing it in the janitor's closet,the abandoned bathroom,and pretty much whenever we wanted to wherever we wanted to.i was always sore and my neck was always covered in hickeys that were sometimes purple and sometimes dark purple,they always sometimes hurt.