🌕 lima. ☀️

☽ ▬▬ mahal kong sol, ako si luna, tayo
ba   ay   pinagtadhana   ng   sansinukob?
ngunit, tayo ay ipinaglayo ▪ sol, my love,
i am you luna; were we destined for each
other by the universe? but we were taken
away              from              each              other

☽ ▬▬ mahal kong sol, ako si luna, tayoba   ay   pinagtadhana   ng   sansinukob?ngunit, tayo ay ipinaglayo ▪ sol, my love,i am you luna; were we destined for eachother by the universe? but we were takenaway              from              each      ...

It was a little too early in the day to be flipping through photo albums. Runa thought that she would have to prepare herself for Maria's return, but never would she have expected herself to care so much, meticulously repeating words in her mind and replaying memories.

As she scanned the pictures, her eyes landed on a picture of her and Bailey in black costumes. That was back when his and Runa's grade levels had to dance for a program. 

Inspecting the photo more, she saw Maria in the background, holding her dad's hand. 

We've known each other for that long, huh? She cracked a smile.

Their eyes flicked back to Bailey, and they remembered the previous day's events. 

Immediately they shut the album, making their way towards their closet. She wanted to go and apologize to Bailey for how she acted yesterday, and she would do it now.

Her body had different plans. Instead of going to the bathroom to change she did it instead to stand over the sink and clean up the bloody mess on her face.

It had been like that since second grade. Runa would get sudden nosebleeds for no reason at all, and after a while it wasn't scary anymore, just tiring. 

When she was done, she washed down the last scarlet traces off of the sink, quickly threw on a coat, and took a sticky note from her sister's study table.

"went to bailey's. i'll come back before dinner," She wrote.

Would he be mad? Bailey was never one to stay angry. The same questions echoed in her mind, never changing. 

That made her think of the weather. It was gray and unsure and it stayed the same. Runa got anxious, for she didn't bring an umbrella.

Bailey's mom opened the door. They conversed for a few moments before his mom led her to Bailey's room.

The temperature seemed to go down as she slowly put her fist up in front of his door to knock. When she rapped the door with her knuckles, she held her breath, wondering how Bailey would react to her showing up without any warning.

When he opened the door, he didn't say anything. He looked them in the eyes, nodded, and held out a sheet of dusty gray paper and a pretty envelope with stars printed in the corner.

"Oh." They weakly accepted it. Bailey's body language told them he wanted to leave them alone, so she followed. Then, seeing the ball pen left out on his desk, she cautiously sat down and began to write.

dear kalinda,

i hope you're doing well. you stopped answering my messages and calls, but my parents still talk with yours, so if you're busy or not in the mood to talk, at least tell me. what's it like in barcelona? is it nice? was it everything you dreamed it would be? does being there make you happy?

please respond. i'm really looking forward to you coming back, and so many things have changed. they brought down your favorite restaurant, but i found a book you'll like in the new mall. mrs. anderson got a dog. do you still like dogs? i bet you do. i'm looking forward to showing you what you missed while you were away.

are you angry at me? is there something i did? is

Runa stopped there, thinking of what to say next. She had so many things she wanted to write about, but they were all scrambled up in her head and she didn't know what to put down next.

"I'm not mad."

Runa jumped, seeing Bailey in the doorway. She thought he had left. They expected something negative from him anyway, like a balloon waiting to pop.

"Sorry, anyway."

"It's just..." Bailey strode over to his desk and sat cross-legged on it. "I don't think Maria's a good person to be around." He avoided their eyes.

There it was.